Bushwacker fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
does anyone know if you have to drill big holes in the fenders for oe style ones? i know the ones i found at junkyard awhile back it had a piece that bolted in the side of the fender to hold the top of the flare, so i backed off bc i dont want to do that. Looking closer looks like the after market oe flares just mount on the bottom of the fender like where the aluminum trim holes are instead being there and on the side of the fender, the after market oe style jus lays on the fender instead bolted to it. is this correct? Sorry if this sounds confusing.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know if you have to drill big holes in the fenders for oe style ones? i know the ones i found at junkyard awhile back it had a piece that bolted in the side of the fender to hold the top of the flare, so i backed off bc i dont want to do that. Looking closer looks like the after market oe flares just mount on the bottom of the fender like where the aluminum trim holes are instead being there and on the side of the fender, the after market oe style jus lays on the fender instead bolted to it. is this correct? Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Yep, the OE style are held on with automotive grade 3M emblem tape & a few sheet metal screws in the same area the stock chrome trim is secured. Be careful & take your time when installing them, once you stick them they are on, LOL. Best way is to position it exactly where it needs to be & have one corner of the tape already started & folded outside the flare. Keep pressure on the flare to hold it in place & then slowly pull the tabe off. Then go back around it & push to make sure its all secure. Not install the screws spaced accordingly & your all done.

Here is a before & after of ebay flares.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone, the Buschwacker flares use the existing holes, no drilling or 3M tape required.

Yep. Btw, if anyone would like a set of bushwacker flares like ProSho has on his truck, I might be willing to sell mine. I don't like them on my truck much.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys, that makes me feel better about putting them on my truck, id like to someday install the oe style painted white with the truck. Big Mike those ebay flares look awesome and fit good on your truck. Ill keep on this in mind when the time comes.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The ebay flares that big mike has are the same as i have, they fit good for the price and ive had no issues with mine