Bumper Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for awhile, I've been wanting my GMC to have them. I don't like the GMT400 ones, they look kinda werid and I think they are plastic. Plus, I'm pretty sure they only work with impact strips. I've been thinking about using some from an older Chevy, or maybe from a Ford. It looks like I might have to do a little work to make them work, but I think its worth it.
I'm also wanting a diesel bumper and a recessed front plate. I'd use a chrome bumper.
Has anyone adapted older bumper guards to a newer truck?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your talking about those horn type guards that sit on the bumper infront of the grill right? theres two of them?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thought so. the only thing i think youd have to do/ should do, is take some carboard and make a perfect flush fit to your bumper and cut it out of the pieces your going to put on, or just make your own from steel stock or w/e you want to use.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking one off of a truck in the junkyard and try to find a GMT400 in there to see how well they line up. I know the '73-'91 GM truck ones will atleast need some cutting.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't seen a GMT400 with the older style ones. I was thinking about a grille guard, but I'm thinking that won't look the best on a 2wd.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think a pre runner type bar would look good on a 2wd personally. i dont like the buper bars but i do like fabrication and ideas to help. i have a set of the buper bars from a 70 and 80 k1500, i think they are the same but i know for fact the difference in shap of the oobs bumpers to the obs bumpers are alot different.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get you a body lift and 33" m/t's. That truck would look so much better.