Bumper Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about getting 2 inch lift coils for the front and either 1 inch zero rates or 1 inch blocks for the back. And using 32s or 33s.
But I think she's keeping her stock stance, atleast for now.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know people crucify you on fsc 94c1500. But I think your truck has some real potential.

Give me your thoughts on these items:

1. The grill - i think a 94+ grill would look better but i know you insist on keeping it. Ok i guess i can deal with that, are you color matching it?

2. The taillights - honestly man they look very ricerish. I would get some stock ones or you could get some led ones (they look pretty much stock)

3. the black rear bumper. - its mismatched to the truck because of the chrome front bumper and chrome handles. i guarantee you, you can grab a stock chrome rear bumper from the junkyard.

You do these three things I think your truck would look 110% better. Just my .02

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes its always the little details that other people dont notice right away that i like. stock " looking" trucks with all kinds of modern mods are my favorite. like a shaved tailgate with the stock badging i think looks pretty awesome, although not very practical still looks good to me. i have been looking my A$$ off for a 2wd truck to give a pre runner look to just to be different. if it were me id do a pre runner style suspension ( longer control arms ect ect ) but keep the stock body panles rather than the cali full on baja look.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I aint really been a fan of the guards, but yea the ford has alot more meat to work with, they are pretty tall bumpers to start with. I aint really seen the bumper guards on an 88-98 I seen em in lmc but not a real picture or in person.

LOl as for his taillights those are the ones we're gonna order for my 88 tyc elegantes. wife loves em. I'd like some led's better but they are double the price. I can get the tyc's for like $45 or so and the led's are like $100 or so on ebay.

As for rear bumper, yea chrome fan I'd find a chrome one. The w/t grille not sure, I like the chevy w/t grilles for sure, but I also like the composite 94+ grilles, or like my 88 with quad lights or composites.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the grille is stayin, but its getting color matched and some clear parking lights. And clear reflectors if I can find them. And the grille is the '94-'02 grille, its just not the one alot of guys like.
I'm a little indifferent about the taillights. I wanted the LED ones, but I couldn't find them for the price they are now. I paid $100 for the lights a couple years ago, so they are stayin for now. And alot of people seem to like them, most of them aren't on the internet though.
The bumper, I didn't like at first. But after over 3 years its grown on me. I had thought about painting it silver or getting a chrome one, but I like it now. Anyways, I can't find a chrome bumper in good shape at pull a part. I don't care for the impact strip rear bumpers, and nearlly every chrome bumper is like that. I found a smoothie at pull a part, too bad it was mangled.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I aint really been a fan of the guards, but yea the ford has alot more meat to work with, they are pretty tall bumpers to start with. I aint really seen the bumper guards on an 88-98 I seen em in lmc but not a real picture or in person.

I didn't even know about them untill last week. I walked past a GMT400 Chevy that had them. Then yesterday I seen another Chevy driving around with them. If I see the truck tomorrow, I'll take a picture with my phone.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the ones that kinda look stock, but the reverse lights wrap around the lens. I think they are about $115 now.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any major work done to it is gonna have to wait. Atleast next year. I've gotta work on my J10 a little.