bumper build question

should I add a pre-runner bar?

• yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • no

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i build this bumper for my truck. im pretty undecided weather to do a pre-runner bar or not. it sorta looks boring the way it is now, but i think it will look better once i get my light holes cut out, and my 3/4 inch D ring mounts welded on and the license plate mounted on it. any thoughts?
You must be registered for see images attach

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a good looking bar.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
What kind of bar are you wanting to build? I have a prerunner bar on mine that's made using 3/4" pipe I believe. Here's some inspiration.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im talking about what was posted above. your pre-runner looks great, but i dont see it stopping a deer at 80 mph without any bends.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
sweet looking already but still should add one i think wish i could make one like that

nickbaldwin86

Reaction score
I would make one out of 1 or 1 1/4" DOM and copy something like 90chevstepside.... but only take it up about half way on the grille (in terms of height)

sick bumper btw... really nice work cant wait to see finished pix

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well work was canceled today due to the bad weather, so looks like ill have all day to weld on this sucker! here is the one i built for my duramax. it has the pre-runner. i still dont want to have to go buy pipe and have to go to harbor freight and get a pipe bender, so i will probably save the bar for very last before i totally decide to do one.

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything much less than 3" just looks too small. If it's just going to bend if it's bumped, why use anything.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the one above is 1.5 inch pipe and comes out to 2 inch O.D. hit a deer and push broke down cars around with it and its held up great. schedule 40.