Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Painted - white, without impact strips

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 6.5 - painted

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 6.5 - chrome

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think, if CA approved the wrap, and this company pursued other state approvals, they'd go along. I mean, after all, unless you're driving a semi, the tag with month/year expiration is on the back. I really don't care since, in AZ, we're not required to have a front plate. ;)

Back to the bumper thing, with a bump strip you hide the upper license plate holes and, the bottom ones are under the curved portion so, it looks like it's factory without any holes. :waytogo:

Mine has the holes punched for the bracket plus, I like the trim strip between the grille and the bumper paint matched with the body too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think, if CA approved the wrap, and this company pursued other state approvals, they'd go along. I mean, after all, unless you're driving a semi, the tag with month/year expiration is on the back. I really don't care since, in AZ, we're not required to have a front plate. ;)

Apparently you're in luck, even for your rear plate - 3 states (CA, AZ and MI) are allowing third-party creation of plates, like "digital" plates that can be customized.

Awesome looking truck, by the way. That color of blue is perfect.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only potential issues I see are some states require reflective plates, and plate reader compatibility.
I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were available.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only potential issues I see are some states require reflective plates, and plate reader compatibility.
I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were available.

You really don't want to click that link above, do you...;). I get it, I don't like clicking other peoples' links either. But according to the link I provided - yes, they are reflective and scanner readable. Approved by the CA legislature and DMV.

No affiliation, by the way, though it may seem like I am shilling for them. I am just interested in solutions that don't permanently mar front bumpers in those stupid states (like mine) that require front plates. But no way I would move to California just for this solution :thumbsdown: I'll keep looking for something that works, or just go without the front plate and take my chances. I really want a smooth front bumper on my newest 2 door Tahoe...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really don't want to click that link above, do you...;). I get it, I don't like clicking other peoples' links either. But according to the link I provided - yes, they are reflective and scanner readable. Approved by the CA legislature and DMV.

No affiliation, by the way, though it may seem like I am shilling for them. I am just interested in solutions that don't permanently mar front bumpers in those stupid states (like mine) that require front plates. But no way I would move to California just for this solution :thumbsdown: I'll keep looking for something that works, or just go without the front plate and take my chances. I really want a smooth front bumper on my newest 2 door Tahoe...
I clicked the link. Lol. I've been around long enough to know that sellers lie, and that plate readers can't read contoured plates. Like the one in the picture in the link....hell, they struggle to read bent ones.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The plate wrap is a cool idea, but personally I wouldn't want it just for fear of being hassled by LEOs. Even if it is 100% legal, I doubt every officer on every force will know that. I'd bet money that people who have these instead of real plates will get pulled over more often.