Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Yes, I do agree these are more for aesthetics than for a practical use. -outside of mounting lights and a license plate. In fact, in certain cases it would probably do more damage to the vehicle in a collision than without it. BTW.. Did you modify the supplied brackets or fabricate your own from scratch?

In a footnote... I just ordered mine. I found they had an open-box classic black BB on eBay for $89.00 with shipping. Still comes with the parts bag for what that's worth. A great deal hard to pass that one up. They still have 1 or 2 left yet at that price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-98-Chevy...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c2f572a02

Since i do not know how to weld i sure wish i did tho, i contacted the company and told them what was wrong sent them pictures and all they did was send me another set of brackets which they added about 3 inches of steel to it and i just remade my holes. I think what they intended was the brackets to mount only in one tow hook hole on both sides which i did not want it fit like like but i wanted 4 bolts in mine, instead of arguing with me they just added the extra metal on it like i wanted it. I would put it on and see how it works for you first. they told me they never heard such thing when i told them about mine so i may just be picky :lol:

good deal not a bad price at all there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I do agree with you they should mount in all four holes from a standpoint of available rigidity. I can envision what your talking about, but I can't envision what their brackets look like. Could you just get longer G-8 bolts and fab some spacers to mount the tow hooks below the BB bracket? Also, are you required to re-use your old bolts/hardware or do they supply you with new replacement hardware? Seeing how I purchased an open-box BB they may not be willing to accommodate me with a set of brackets like yours. I do have some experience welding, but don't own a welder. I guess I will worry about that later... Thanks!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I do agree with you they should mount in all four holes from a standpoint of available rigidity. I can envision what your talking about, but I can't envision what their brackets look like. Could you just get longer G-8 bolts and fab some spacers to mount the tow hooks below the BB bracket? Also, are you required to re-use your old bolts/hardware or do they supply you with new replacement hardware? Seeing how I purchased an open-box BB they may not be willing to accommodate me with a set of brackets like yours. I do have some experience welding, but don't own a welder. I guess I will worry about that later... Thanks!

no problem, yeah def it was shaky on 2 bolts..am not sure the way the brackets are made didnt seem to work but i havent taking the time to try yet am sure it can be dont someway not doubt. yeah mine came with all hardware to install..thats true with what they did any welder can do that.. if i dont reply to thread and need more info or something when you get it feel free to send me a private message ill be glad to try help you send you pictures of the mounts and what not.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a bull bar for free from a freind but it has no mounting hardware.. im tryin to find some do yall know a good cheap dealer i could buy some from?