Building Up My 90 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pic means nothing of course but the decription doesn't say it's for tbi either. It just says 87 and up which means nothing. I would be absolutely positive before I dropped 2 g's on a kit that is going on a tbi setup, be damn sure it's for tbi setup.

regardless if it is or not, if it doesn't have a chip with it, you're gonna need one, and I bet a custom one and they aint cheap, but then again if you can drop 2 g's on that kit 3 hundy aint nothing for a tune.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No help on the whole kit but I am running the Edlebrock performer TBI intake on my truck. It was a direct bolt-on and everything swapped over nicely. There was some noticeable gain with just the intake, little crisper throttle response. I went with a comp 249 cam for half the price of the edlebrock and a chip from TBIchips.com and am happy with the results. A nice gain in power and a little better MPG to boot!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very nice, I would love to run their intake but man almost $250 or something like that, way too much IMO. I'd do like fastorange said and run a carb'd intake and adapter plate for it.

I wanted a bigger cam so to speak in my 88 tbi but was afraid of running into chip issues so I went with a stocker from northern. It does good on mpg's but man if the 249 did better and I had known I would have ran it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very nice, I would love to run their intake but man almost $250 or something like that, way too much IMO. I'd do like fastorange said and run a carb'd intake and adapter plate for it.

I wanted a bigger cam so to speak in my 88 tbi but was afraid of running into chip issues so I went with a stocker from northern. It does good on mpg's but man if the 249 did better and I had known I would have ran it.

The intake was more expensive but was also nice that everything bolted up like stock. I've had zero running issues with the set-up running the stage 1 chip. If my memory serves me right my truck got around 9-11mpg before cam and intake and now I get atleast 11-13mpg now. The added pull helps keep the 35's tunrning nicely.

seifs4

Reaction score
thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Right now I'm getting terrible mileage, i live in canada and am getting about 300km to a tank= about 190miles. And its been making weird sounds lately, and when its at low rpm it seems to bog alot but when i pin it then it doesnt bog, although it still has little power. Just changed plugs,and distributor, brand new rear end (axles,and diff). I have no idea whats wrong?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Right now I'm getting terrible mileage, i live in canada and am getting about 300km to a tank= about 190miles. And its been making weird sounds lately, and when its at low rpm it seems to bog alot but when i pin it then it doesnt bog, although it still has little power. Just changed plugs,and distributor, brand new rear end (axles,and diff). I have no idea whats wrong?

Defintly sounds like something wrong there, I am getting around 300 miles to a tank of fuel. I would be looking at getting it running right before dumping money on performance parts. Did you also change your wires with the plugs and distributor? If bogging it sounds more like a fuel issue and not fire, but a good tune-up never hurts. Is the serive engine soon light on? A better descprition of the problem would help.

seifs4

Reaction score
no the service engine light isnt on. i know a better description would definately help, but its one of those problems that just randomly happen well driving and u just cant explain because everytime its a different sound or feel.