Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also where did u install your 02 sensor when u put the headers on.,, some gmt400s had the 02 sensor right near the manifold, and some had them further down in the exhaust.. once the truck goes into closed loop, the 02 sensor is very important to the fuel mapping.,,. the 02 sensor is the final say on the stiociometrical target you are trying to obtain to have an engine that is running effiecently and safely..
also if u deleted your EGR, you will have a perpetual check engine light on, I know they suck, but I would put it back on.. you dont want to be riding around with a check engine light on if at all possible, because if something else goes wrong, you wont know it.
ALSO the transmission takes inputs from several sensor on the vehicle.. if you run the truck with problems you will burn up your transmission,, they get inputs from things like MAF sensor, TPS, temp sensors, ect ,. ect.
if you are running lean, you are risking major damage to the engine..
when you achieve excellent combustion, you will likely see some water droplets coming out of your tailpipe, as moisture is the product of complete combustion providing you have no blown head gasket, cracked head ect

Last edited:

LosDoritos

Reaction score
So we've been doing some thinking and getting wrenches thrown at us by life but I am still going on this, we marked the harmonic balancer and found out that the timing isn’t advancing, so at 2,000 rpm we set it to 32 degrees BTDC (as per the motors specs) drove it around and it doesn’t backfire or anything but it’s still def missing a lot of hp, so if worse comes to worse I have a truck for winter to work on it next summer right? But I came to a rough spot, I’m not sure if I should try to find a moates apu1 autoprom package to get it dyno tuned or if i should just sell the current Holley tbi and get a Holley sniper or something. With moates out of business they’re hard to find but I think that’s my end goal is to be able to live tune it just in case a decide to add anything later down the road. We don’t tune. So that’s a problem there, we never touched it, since I’m younger I might get into it but my gpa does know a guy who tunes but I’d need to mess with the computer a bit. Any thoughts?

LosDoritos

Reaction score
also where did u install your 02 sensor when u put the headers on.,, some gmt400s had the 02 sensor right near the manifold, and some had them further down in the exhaust.. once the truck goes into closed loop, the 02 sensor is very important to the fuel mapping.,,. the 02 sensor is the final say on the stiociometrical target you are trying to obtain to have an engine that is running effiecently and safely..
also if u deleted your EGR, you will have a perpetual check engine light on, I know they suck, but I would put it back on.. you dont want to be riding around with a check engine light on if at all possible, because if something else goes wrong, you wont know it.
ALSO the transmission takes inputs from several sensor on the vehicle.. if you run the truck with problems you will burn up your transmission,, they get inputs from things like MAF sensor, TPS, temp sensors, ect ,. ect.
if you are running lean, you are risking major damage to the engine..
when you achieve excellent combustion, you will likely see some water droplets coming out of your tailpipe, as moisture is the product of complete combustion providing you have no blown head gasket, cracked head ect
This is the best data pull we can do, both or knowledge and hardware restricts us from pulling more
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LosDoritos

Reaction score
So we've been doing some thinking and getting wrenches thrown at us by life but I am still going on this, we marked the harmonic balancer and found out that the timing isn’t advancing, so at 2,000 rpm we set it to 32 degrees BTDC (as per the motors specs) drove it around and it doesn’t backfire or anything but it’s still def missing a lot of hp, so if worse comes to worse I have a truck for winter to work on it next summer right? But I came to a rough spot, I’m not sure if I should try to find a moates apu1 autoprom package to get it dyno tuned or if i should just sell the current Holley tbi and get a Holley sniper or something. With moates out of business they’re hard to find but I think that’s my end goal is to be able to live tune it just in case a decide to add anything later down the road. We don’t tune. So that’s a problem there, we never touched it, since I’m younger I might get into it but my gpa does know a guy who tunes but I’d need to mess with the computer a bit. Any thoughts?
I was also thinking ab doing an aftermarket ignition system, would that help the timing at all? I’ve done all the research as for what I’d need to install it, but can’t find anything on non-stock 350 tbi applications