Building Up My 90 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seifs4

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and wanted some help on building this engine up as cheap as possible, I've been looking at the edelbrock performer top end kit part#2089
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2089/10002/-1
and am wondering if they are any good. I know these heads are vortec style design so they should flow alot better than the TBI heads. Has anyone had any luck with this kit. Also what else would i need to get for this kit?
Thanks,colton

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like they may be using the e-tech heads which from what I have read are a bit better than the vortec heads which hotrod guys drool over.

seifs4

Reaction score
I've heard there great heads, but i cant seem to find many people who have this kit on the web. Or even some of the parts from it. It would be great to find some information somewheres.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would bet you need a custom tune for it.

I know lmc sells a kit for the tbi trucks from edelbrock and with proof of purchase on the heads and intake and cam I think you get a free chip in the mail after sending in the proofs.

you will also need a adapter plate to run the tbi if that's the way you're going with it. if not then you won't need it or a tune if you aint doing a computer controlled setup.

seifs4

Reaction score
what adapter plate are u talking about? and I was looking at LMC but they want $2000 just for the heads, i mean u can buy the heads,intake,cam,etc in the kit from edelbrock for that same price.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think because that kit is for a carbs, you may need an adapter for the tbi unit. I dont hardly ever mess with the wifes tbi motor so I cant say for sure what the intake mani looks like under the tbi unit.

seifs4

Reaction score
well actually the kit is made especially for TBI engines supposebly and the intake manifold is suppose to hook right up to the stock TB, I also might get a Holley 670cfm TB later

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it's made for tbi then it'll work but that kit I saw the pic was for carb setup and you'd need a carb intake to tbi adapter.

ys lmc is sky high on their price, but if you can figure out what heads they have and the other stuff maybe edelbrock offers the same offer?

that kit says nothing about being for tbi trucks not in that link, saying 87 and up is nothing, that's just the head style, and is actually wrong again, 87-95 was 12 bolt 4 different angled center bolts, and centerbolt valve covers, 96 and up was vortec only 8 bolt intake and centerbolt heads.

seifs4

Reaction score
sorry guys forgot to mention....its a generic picture of a kit from edelbrock they dont take pics of all 8 of their kits (just 1 for all, all are carbs except like 2 anyways)