Building a Dually out of a Single-Wheel C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tetfemal

Reaction score
Not the original truck I had in mind but after some wheeling and dealing, this truck left me +$650. The original truck was had no motor, trans, or bed. The one in the picture runs, drives, and stops! The original truck I was planning on buying would have needed to be towed and would've been a 4.5 hours round trip. This one I drove home 15 mins away. So I'll call it a good deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

tetfemal

Reaction score
I did not want to start another thread and maybe you guys can help me in this one.

So this white truck is a 98 and needs a new dash cover and a few other parts. I want to convert this to a power window, locks, and mirrors. I know to do it the correct way, I would need to get the factory harnesses from a PW/PL/PM crew cab truck.

I've been looking but can seem to find a power window truck at the scrap yard. Can I use parts from other model GMT400 vehicles like a suburban, yukon, tahoe, etc.

I figure I can use a dash, doors, and mirrors from a suburban as long as it's a 98.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to do the samething with my SRW and yes its that simple as already mentioned. I already had everything but the axle but backed out and you dont need spacers for the front you just need to get the dually rotors cause they are machined as one piece

As for power windows, locks, etc. Pull a harness from a suburban. I know if its same yr its a direct swap. You also get keyless entry its built into the windows,locks harness

tetfemal

Reaction score
I was going to do the samething with my SRW and yes its that simple as already mentioned. I already had everything but the axle but backed out and you dont need spacers for the front you just need to get the dually rotors cause they are machined as one piece

As for power windows, locks, etc. Pull a harness from a suburban. I know if its same yr its a direct swap. You also get keyless entry its built into the windows,locks harness
Does it matter if the suburban is a 4wd vehicle?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled all four doors for a suburban at the wreckyard but the dash was destroyed. At this point, cant I just pull a dash from any obs that had power windows, power doors, etc...

Any 4 door, right? Just thinking about those 2 extra windows that run in the driver's door harness and through the dash harness?