Building a Dually out of a Single-Wheel C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tetfemal

Reaction score
Doing some research left me all turned around. I cant find a crew cab dually for sale locally but found a single-wheel truck. I was doing some research on the dually conversion but some people say that the frames are different and the conversion is not as simple as swapping the rear axles, putting on a dually bed, and getting the front wheel spacers.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I believe the 1-ton frames are the same, just swap axles and add the dually fender flares and axle spacers and your good to go besides the weight rating sticker on the door.

I had to move the spring perches outward when I put a 1-ton axle in a 1/2 ton truck but those frames are significantly different. Going from 8-lug to 8-lug you should be golden, just make sure you are getting a gmt400 dually axle, not a square body or gmt800

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It is just that simple OP. You may need to hunt down an upper overload springs with perches, but it'll all just bolt right on. Did you find a 2500 or a 3500 SRW? Because those have different transfer cases.