Broken parking brake release handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brownburban

Reaction score
1994 GMC Suburban 1500.

The cable on my parking brake release handle broke. Does anyone know where to buy these, or is there a clever aftermarket solution?

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyard time!

There is a ton of Junkyard parts on my truck. It's just soo much cheaper than anything you can buy new. The Junkyard I normally goes to let's me walk off with most interior pieces for free. I got a ron of little interior pieces I needed for free last time I went. I hope I can get the rest soon.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
$20 for Dorman #03315. It's "OK" and it's one of those parts that being plastic, a boneyard example may not be easy to find in good shape. No harm in trying, but the brand new part of only slightly suspect quality is only $20.

Edit - actually hold up. While the appearance is the same, let me double-check that the part will work for a 1994. Just because it fits my 1993... they did change the park brake assembly right around mid-year 94...

Yeah, crap. That Dorman # is for up to 1993. Looks like boneyard it is, for you. Be sure the park brake assembly looks like the one in your truck; I think the pedal pad shape changed, and that's the clue. 10th digit of VIN tag on dash will be an "R" for 1994.

Richard

Last edited: