Brake hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the system was compromised wouldn't it cause the passenger side also to drag seeing is there both controlled by the same line?

I would expect both sides to act similarly, provided the hoses and calipers are both equally functional.

Did you replace the hose(s)? They can act like check valves... maybe explaining the driver's side behavior. (edit: I see your earlier post now about the hoses).

If the driver's side caliper isn't properly rebuilt as a low-drag (see attached), the caliper may not retract. AFAIK, the caliper's seal groove and the piston's O-ring have to be of the proper type in order for the low-drag feature to function as designed.

Attachments

• Low drag calipers - Quick Take-up.pdf
    160 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So I straped my gopro and finally got a video of the sound. The only thing I've noticed in the multiple videos I took was the sway bar end links have alot play between the bushings.
I am going to be replacing the end links with actual solid bushings. The current ones I have from moog are the cone design one where the washer just sits inside the lip of the bushing.ive noticed that they degrade fast

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That end-link is nowhere near tight enough. Almost certainly was not installed properly--left too loose from the beginning.

"Solid bushings"? You'll damage the through-bolt, and perhaps the control arm and the sway bar. You MUST have a rubber- or rubber-like material in there to absorb the angular motion of the parts.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That end-link is nowhere near tight enough. Almost certainly was not installed properly--left too loose from the beginning.

"Solid bushings"? You'll damage the through-bolt, and perhaps the control arm and the sway bar. You MUST have a rubber- or rubber-like material in there to absorb the angular motion of the parts.
The bushing where tight when installed. That's what I mentioned about the solid vs hollow style bushings. I'm assuming ovetime the bushings have deteriorated from being smashed
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you tighten those end links with the suspension drooping (frame on stands), or compressed (control arms on stands) ?

Richard

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the sway bar end links have alot play between the bushings.

Try removing one of the links and then taking it for ride, see if the noise goes away.

Maybe try shimming under the nut to compress the stack of parts a bit more, if that's possible. @Schurkey and @GoToGuy might be onto the problem.

Last edited:

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try again with suspension compressed. Don't overtighten them to be sure, but it should be done with the suspension at its normal position. Like Schurkey said, they're nowhere near tight enough.

Richard
Copy that. See I didn't know that you had to have it compressed on its own weight. Could explain alot lol. Thanks man appreciate it. Keep yall posted.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why drooped vs. compressed matters. The force required to compress the end-link bushings will be more than what's needed to turn the bar in it's rubber/Poly mounting bushings.