Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh! I should also add, I finally ordered balljoints, Mevotech TTX and holy ßcheisse are they beefy and nice! I've got Proforged pitman and idler arms on the way too, trying to scrimp and save for Kryptonite tie-rods next. Still trying to figure out my steering box options.
I just put the Mevotech TTX upper bj's on. They are NICE. Be ready for a party if you are still rocking the OEM ones...

My steering box is leaking, so I'll be watching how you handle this situation, I'll have to follow suit sooner than later...

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put the Mevotech TTX upper bj's on. They are NICE. Be ready for a party if you are still rocking the OEM ones...

My steering box is leaking, so I'll be watching how you handle this situation, I'll have to follow suit sooner than later...
I had Moog balljoints put on at 18X,***, but now at 202K they're shot, boots are obliterated, they squeak terribly after only 20K miles and I kept them full of grease. I'm not expecting much of a fight with the balljoints....the control arm bushings on the other hand will probably be another story.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
+/- 20k? That’s pathetic.
Yup the Moog UBJs I installed on my Burb in October 2018 were still nice n tight when I had the complete UCAs replaced in May 2022. So I kept the old arms, they just need new bushings and they're good to go. And the only good roads in greater Houston that are good...are the ones they just repaved! You cannot miss all the potholes and bad expansion joints....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup the Moog UBJs I installed on my Burb in October 2018 were still nice n tight when I had the complete UCAs replaced in May 2022. So I kept the old arms, they just need new bushings and they're good to go. And the only good roads in greater Houston that are good...are the ones they just repaved! You cannot miss all the potholes and bad expansion joints....
If everything is as bad there as here, I’d guess everything in between is too. Apparently, you don’t always get what you pay for.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If everything is as bad there as here, I’d guess everything in between is too. Apparently, you don’t always get what you pay for.
IIRC what I got was the Moog problem solvers which are the better grade ones. What Dad always used back in the day. They cost $50 each at my friend's commercial account discount,in 2018. I think list price was $100 each.... So I was hoping they would last!
The UBJs I replaced, were so floppy they wore the edges off the front tires in less than 6 months. They were bolted in, but I think they were the originals. Some plants did build them that way from what I've heard and read. Burb had 130K on it when we got it, and I think the LBJs had recently been done. In 2018 they were still reasonably tight.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC what I got was the Moog problem solvers which are the better grade ones. What Dad always used back in the day. They cost $50 each at my friend's commercial account discount,in 2018. I think list price was $100 each.... So I was hoping they would last!
The UBJs I replaced, were so floppy they wore the edges off the front tires in less than 6 months. They were bolted in, but I think they were the originals. Some plants did build them that way from what I've heard and read. Burb had 130K on it when we got it, and I think the LBJs had recently been done. In 2018 they were still reasonably tight.
I was talking about the condition of the roads and taxes HotWheels. Lol

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@BNielsen feeling the reassessment pain here too The bturds are raising values higher than the peak two years ago and their still asking to keep overages and will ask for more “fees” to cover what they should already be providing. This is BS, but don’t get me started

now back to Brody’s truck

can’t answer the cam alternative question, used comps 270 in mine. Would not use their lifters though.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
luckily the pothole out in front of my house hasn't taken my control arms out yet
If you're outside city limits NCDOT has a pothole reporting form online you fill out and they'll fill it in a few days. I've done tons of them around my area.