Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the stfts change ever? I just see that they're both reading 0.0%? I suppose you can't log misfire count?

Edit: Just notice fuel system says open loop.. That changes to CL when you pass ~100* ect right?

Can't log misfires no, and I didn't have time to **** with it too much, I'm trying to get my ScanGauge to pull up loop status and some other ****, I'm going to check my pinout and wire pins again tomorrow.
It'll be the like the 4th or 5th time but I gotta find the issue eventually.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the stfts change ever? I just see that they're both reading 0.0%? I suppose you can't log misfire count?

Edit: Just notice fuel system says open loop.. That changes to CL when you pass ~100* ect right?

It went into Closed Loop at 123 degrees, is it supposed to switch at that temp?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think mine was switching around 135, or maybe I changed it to that? I can't remember.

Supercharge is correct with your LTFT being +10% on both banks. Can you get another pic of readings with the engine at normal op temp?

Still haven't forgotten your picture.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'll get some more data collection done on the drive home from work,

The idle seems to be sporadic, it idled like **** last night when I got home from running errands, 575 RPMs and shaking like a misfire and it did the same thing this morning on first start up; but when I got to work it was back to idling at 789 RPMs with a slight shake.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, I relogged temp where the engine goes into closed loop, it's 163 degrees now, and I took a quick peak under the hood on my lunch break and found a broken wire, so I traced it to it's spot on the connector and it's Red pin #7, hot pink wire; I don't have access to my pinour right now but I do believe it's the EGR feed,

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It went into Closed Loop at 123 degrees, is it supposed to switch at that temp?
This was just a ballpark. No guarantees that it's the same, but red #7 is egr supply voltage on mine.. I don't think that would cause the truck to misfire and idle low though. If the fueling is off down low in one spot of the VE table, that could maybe cause it? 10% lean put's it at 16.17:1, which could maybe cause a lean stumble/misfire.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was just a ballpark. No guarantees that it's the same, but red #7 is egr supply voltage on mine.. I don't think that would cause the truck to misfire and idle low though. If the fueling is off down low in one spot of the VE table, that could maybe cause it? 10% lean put's it at 16.17:1, which could maybe cause a lean stumble/misfire.

I just e-mailed Lextech and came to the conclusion that I hooked up the wrong wire for the EGR, I hooked up the original feed instead of adding in the wire for it.
Still doesn't explain the MAF and Cam position codes,

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BTW, I don't know if you've found out yet or not but the 0411 is a little big for the black box ECU snap ring thing that pulls over it. I had to cut a groove in the heat-sink of it so it'd snap over and hold it.

Or just get a gmt400 411 bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk