Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went back through and actually did find one or two pins I had in the wrong spot, I just hope I can get it all put back together.
I had like 4 copies of the pinout sheet printed out to double check the pins. I checked beside each one after I found the ones that I messed up. Once that one sheet was full of checks... I did it again.

So I've got two copies to use to troubleshoot if I ever have issues.

BTW, I don't know if you've found out yet or not but the 0411 is a little big for the black box ECU snap ring thing that pulls over it. I had to cut a groove in the heat-sink of it so it'd snap over and hold it. I can get you a picture today I think after work. I'm playing Mr. Mom today since the wife is sick and the world is still spinning.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had like 4 copies of the pinout sheet printed out to double check the pins. I checked beside each one after I found the ones that I messed up. Once that one sheet was full of checks... I did it again.

So I've got two copies to use to troubleshoot if I ever have issues.

BTW, I don't know if you've found out yet or not but the 0411 is a little big for the black box ECU snap ring thing that pulls over it. I had to cut a groove in the heat-sink of it so it'd snap over and hold it. I can get you a picture today I think after work. I'm playing Mr. Mom today since the wife is sick and the world is still spinning.

Yeah I'd appreciate that, It looked a little tight in the tray when I mocked it up before I removed the black box connectors, I was going to build something like a bracket with threaded rods, kinda like an old battery tie down,

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the computer put back in, the wiring is still a mess but at least the PCM sits in the tray now.
Took it on a little test drive and hot damn is it nice! I've still got a MAF code and a Cam position sensor code; both of which were pre-existing issues I believe, I'll double check my pinout and check the wires tomorrow.

It does have a couple of issues still, when I try to fire it up every other time it acts like it's got bad injectors, hard starting and what not but when it fires up it runs good, it idles really low now too.
It acts like it wants to die when I put it in gear and just let it set, it did die once but fired right back up, anyone got any advice for that?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If everything is pinned correctly it could be how the tune was cobbled together. Without a customer's 454 truck there on the spot it's gonna be about impossible to nail down 100 percent, unless there's a datalogging option you could pony up for?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If everything is pinned correctly it could be how the tune was cobbled together. Without a customer's 454 truck there on the spot it's gonna be about impossible to nail down 100 percent, unless there's a datalogging option you could pony up for?

I was messing around with my Hazard Freight scanner and I found out it's got a datalogging option; I'll tinker with it some tomorrow after work and try to get some information.
Is there anything specific I should look for? I'll probably e-mail Lextech tomorrow and try to figure it out,

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some information from my scanner, I'm not entirely sure what all to be looking for.
It still idles really low and shakes like a misfire when I put it in gear. But it gets down the road great, instant throttle response.
Still throwing a MAF code, Cam position sensor code, I'm stumped.
You must be registered for see images

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Is there anything here that doesn't look right??

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
O2 voltages are sane, but it's adding 10 and 11 percent which isn't good. Try unplugging the MAF and going for a spin.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the stfts change ever? I just see that they're both reading 0.0%? I suppose you can't log misfire count?

Edit: Just notice fuel system says open loop.. That changes to CL when you pass ~100* ect right?