Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or just get a gmt400 411 bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You have my attention.

I gotta get the rats nest of wiring wrapped up so to hide my shame first.
-------------------
Added the wire to C2-7 for the EGR feed, truck still idles low and shakes a little, it does bog a little still when I put it in gear. The MAF and CMP codes are gone but only because I unhooked the battery, I assume they'll be back. I did check back through all my pins and everything is correct.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What GMT-400 used the 0411 PCM?

The 0411 PCM was introduced in 2001. Copied from lsenginediy.com...

The final update to the 512-kb series of PCMs was the introduction of the GM# 12200411 PCM in 2001. With the exception of the 2003 Corvette, this PCM was used through 2002. This PCM is considered the most desirable because of its versatility. General Motors used this PCM with Gen III engines (Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, and trucks), Gen I small-block engines (5.0L and 5.7L Express Van), and Vortec 4.3L V-6 engines (S10 pickup, Blazer, and Express Van).

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well. I'm at a loss.
I added the EGR feed wire, checked all the pins again, and it's still idling rough and low and wants to stall when I put in gear.
How would I go about testing the MAF and Cam position sensors?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cam position is likely going to be there until you have a CASE relearn done.

the MAF, ill guess thats in the tune. cleaned it yet/before/ever? In order to tune it youll have to have your VE table and MAF adjusted anyways. Lengthy process (well, it can be with a learning curve).

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cam position is likely going to be there until you have a CASE relearn done.

the MAF, ill guess thats in the tune. cleaned it yet/before/ever? In order to tune it youll have to have your VE table and MAF adjusted anyways. Lengthy process (well, it can be with a learning curve).

I've cleaned it 2 times since I bought it 2 years ago, I meant to spray it out the other day but got busy. I hope that'll solve at least one rough running problem.
Did you have any issues like this when you did your 0411? Lextech said he's used this calibration on 10 other trucks with no issues.
I cleared both codes and the truck idled a little better, but still not great, and they came back this morning on first fire up.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think it's time to chalk this up as a failure. I've checked my pins 6 times, everything is fine, I did everything the pinout called for, but nothing's changed.
It doesn't want to idle in gear at all, and when I go to get on it, it wants to stall. I don't know what else to do.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you'd be able to make it up this way this weekend (It drive ok though once you're up to speed, right?) I'd take a stab at it. I'd probably swap my computer in your truck first and see what happens.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you'd be able to make it up this way this weekend (It drive ok though once you're up to speed, right?) I'd take a stab at it. I'd probably swap my computer in your truck first and see what happens.

It drives fine when it's up to speed, but when I start slowing down for stops and whatnot it starts to want to stall.
I'm going to go through it again to see and try to clean up the wiring more, it's still a rats nest.
I unplugged the EGR, unplugged the MAF, went for a drive and it's no different.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take Mangonesailor up on his offer. It will really help you nail this down.

I am going to try, this weekend just isn't a good one for it. I've got a bunch of stuff on my plate so I'm going to do the little things I can and hopefully come to a solution.
After perusing through my GM manuals and doing a little googling; a few of my issues seem to run in like with the codes I'm experiencing. But it still doesn't explain why they developed all of a sudden after swapping.

Am I just a dumbass who's overlooking something or what?