Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't have time to send them back, I'd like to get this done this weekend. After looking at pictures for the same P/N on Amazon, Ebay, and Summit, they all show just the ball joint, no boot.

What part number are they?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Energy suspension sells boots, I've found them at Vatozone before. I put some on the Camaro as the brakes tend to cook the boots. I covered the boots in an insulating heat reflective tape too.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't have boots, there is no point in doing ball joints this weekend.
The new Moog ball joints have a much smaller boot and not typical boots. You have to squint to see the Moog logo in the black rubber seal in the close up photo.
I saw that when I was shopping around, but I ended up going with AC Delco which had regular boots and some other fancy patented marketing ploy kind of stuff.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, no luck in getting hubs done this weekend. Started in on them Saturday afternoon, and after two hours of work only managed to knock loose 1/2 a pound of old undercoating, and strip two bolts; so with daylight, motivation, and patience running out I decided to just clean down the rotors and throw on a set of cheap pads and try think of a new plan of attack.

The rotors are still in decent shape; although the back side of the passenger one is ridged real bad from the lack of material on the pad.
The studs for the hub don't thread through the knuckle do they? I've looked at part numbers and everything I've seen shows them as being unthreaded at the part where the knuckle would be.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I lucked out on the dually. It began making a strange sound, I suspected wheel bearing at first. I was wrong, turned out to be 1 rogue brake pad kissed the rotor just at 1 corner. So I rippped off whatever garbage pads werw on that wrecked dually I junked. About to order some free Hawk LTS pads for it though. They're dusty and only last 40k but they are way more aggressive than parts store crap.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lucked out on the dually. It began making a strange sound, I suspected wheel bearing at first. I was wrong, turned out to be 1 rogue brake pad kissed the rotor just at 1 corner. So I rippped off whatever garbage pads werw on that wrecked dually I junked. About to order some free Hawk LTS pads for it though. They're dusty and only last 40k but they are way more aggressive than parts store crap.

I've got a set of ceramic Power Stop pads to go on when I get all that **** replaced; the parts store pads are good for the time being; they'll probably get swapped into my brother's Suburban for a little better braking capability.
I was torn between a set of EBC pads or Hawks but I decided to go with the Power Stop kit based on all the reviews I've read; worse comes to worse, I can just swap out to one of those if I'm not happy with the Power Stop

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running a combination of centric stoptech slotted rotors and NAPA select One brake pads on my K2500 Suburban and I'm pretty impressed. The pads have a low dust compound on the outside and a more agressive compound on the inside.
It doesn't stop as well as my wife's Grand Cherokee that weighs almost half with the same size brakes but I can make everything in the back slide forward if I have to panic stop....

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Last edited: