Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went hunting for a new AC Delco pump, it's not a thing. Reman only.

And Supercharged is right, I searched high and low and I couldn't find a brand new pump; which is agitating. I'll have to look at the one on my dad's C3500 because it's brand spanking new, the guy said he replaced it when he bought the truck and it wasn't a reman.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...d51bc7abdc5/acdelco-pump-new/15909826/5745536

Fits our K2500's with big brakes and hydroboost.

I know because I bought the same PN from RA when they listed it as "new." Summit also lists the same PN, but no clarification.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I punched that it and it said it wouldn't work for my truck? My truck has hydroboost; JB7 is the code I think. Noted, I'll have to check that out;

----------------------------------------------

Picture of the truck cause it's been a while, I got a new Chemical Guys cleaning pack for Christmas, and of course it's been rainy or going to rain so I haven't been able to wash it.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I punched that it and it said it wouldn't work for my truck? My truck has hydroboost; JB7 is the code I think. Noted, I'll have to check that out;

It's supposed to fit mine... but holy crap it's 290.99 plus a $19.40 core charge. This is the second time recently I've seen a core for a new part. I suspect that with all the new Chinese parts being sold companies are having a hard time getting rebuild-able cores.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got my hubs in this afternoon, hopefully brakes and ball joints will show up soon too.
Going to be driving the old Suburban for a couple days now, I don't want to put much more wear and tear on my truck because there's getting to be less and less braking because everything is so worn out.

I didn't realize there was new studs in the box, so it looks like I'll be returning the ones I bought once everything is back together.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn't realize there was new studs in the box, so it looks like I'll be returning the ones I bought once everything is back together.

When I bought Timkens in 2007, I got studs, too.... that makes it really nice! When I was looking for hubs this past summer, it seemed none had studs anymore, online... unless it's just a misprint? Where did you buy the from?

I ended up using a combination of original studs, as I had saved them, and the 2007 Timken studs, when I replaced the left Timkin, and both rotors. I wire wheeled them really well, and then test fitted lug nuts to get ones that threaded on nicely.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought Timkens in 2007, I got studs, too.... that makes it really nice! When I was looking for hubs this past summer, it seemed none had studs anymore, online... unless it's just a misprint? Where did you buy the from?

I ended up using a combination of original studs, as I had saved them, and the 2007 Timken studs, when I replaced the left Timkin, and both rotors. I wire wheeled them really well, and then test fitted lug nuts to get ones that threaded on nicely.

I bought the hubs from Rockauto; and I do plan on wire wheeling them a little before I press them in, they're a bit dingy. I bought the wheel studs from O'Reilly's, they're just Dorman brand.

Got the rest of the parts in, hopefully I'll be able to knock this out Sunday. I'm going Saturday with my dad to look at a potential replacement for Old Bessy as the camper puller.
Power Stop brake kit, it looks pretty damn good quality. I think I'm missing the boots for the lower ball joints, does anyone know if I can pick up replacements from local parts stores?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought the hubs from Rockauto; and I do plan on wire wheeling them a little before I press them in, they're a bit dingy. I bought the wheel studs from O'Reilly's, they're just Dorman brand.

I wire wheeled the studs to get rust off since I was using the best 16 from 32 studs. I wouldn't wire wheel new ones, you'll just take plating off.

I think I'm missing the boots for the lower ball joints, does anyone know if I can pick up replacements from local parts stores?

I'd return them, to Rockauto.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wire wheeled the studs to get rust off since I was using the best 16 from 32 studs. I wouldn't wire wheel new ones, you'll just take plating off.

I'd return them, to Rockauto.

These new studs do have just a faint amount of surface rust on them; I assume from sitting in the warehouse or something.
I don't have time to send them back, I'd like to get this done this weekend. After looking at pictures for the same P/N on Amazon, Ebay, and Summit, they all show just the ball joint, no boot.