Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I buy AC Delco or Delphi from Amazon, never the off brand garbage. I recently bought an AC Delco reman PS pump and it died in less than a year. I'm done with reman anything. Replaced that pump with the clean one and box I pulled from the 140k mile wrecked dually I junked. Works better than it ever has since I bought it in 2009. Made the EVO work again too, it's great. In the future, I'll be sending my pumps to Turn One in MI. They'll get a box too if I don't want to pony up for Redhead. T1 did the pump and rack in my Camaro, so far so good.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It is a bit of a gamble, but I would almost trust a low mileage salvage yard takeout more than some of the reman one.

That, or send an original to one of the better rebuild companies like Redhead or Bluetop. I have my original, that I may send out if my rebuilt unit doesn't completely poop out before that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
...I'll be sending my pumps to Turn One in MI. They'll get a box too if I don't want to pony up for Redhead. T1 did the pump and rack in my Camaro, so far so good.

I've never heard of them. I just found their website, but haven't had time to explore it yet. Thanks.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was planning on a brand new ACDelco pump, ACDelco hoses and possibly an AGR steering box; there's one in my dad's C3500 and aside from the EVO issue I love how the steering feels in that truck.

I never **** with anything reman unless it's something I've tried my had at rebuilding, or it comes from a reputable company.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That, or send an original to one of the better rebuild companies like Redhead or Bluetop. I have my original, that I may send out if my rebuilt unit doesn't completely poop out before that.
That would be a good option too. Anything other than reman or non oe new. Ive just has ****** luck with parts that aren't on.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't try the dealer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they flat out stopped making them for GM. They discontinue some Corvette replacement parts after about 10 years. Important stuff like an ECBM that your car doesn't drive right without and constantly nags you that it's broken.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, well looks like I'll be doing brakes, pads, bearings and ball joints this weekend. The pads are starting to grind no matter what, and as I come to complete stops the grinding shakes the whole truck.

And Supercharged is right, I searched high and low and I couldn't find a brand new pump; which is agitating. I'll have to look at the one on my dad's C3500 because it's brand spanking new, the guy said he replaced it when he bought the truck and it wasn't a reman.