bouncy oil pressure guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm more curious about than anything else.

But what do y'all think most times it'll completely peg out both ways when i rev it in gear I do know it'll move some with rpms but not like this. it also does it own its own at redlights and going down the road but at random. And i'm wondering is it more likely the guage or the pressure switch. I just had to post it never seen nothing like this before.

Does it real well at 19 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJJDrIbSP8

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either your oil pressure sending unit or the gauge is going bad, I would bet it's the oil pressure sending unit, I've changed several of them for similar reasons.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
USE A BACK UP WRENCH ON THE SENDING UNIT IF YOU REPLACE IT!!! I broke that f***ing thing off flush with the engine and the brass that was still in the engine was too soft for an easy out to hang on to. just my 2 cents

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, thats good to know about it breaking considering its got 284k on it. But i should be fine on mine though since i'm putting a new one in my new motor and not gonna touch that one since it trys to work.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
oh god not the oil pressure gauge :uhoh2: mine messed around with me right before my mmotor locked up