Bought my first truck, help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The spring spacers posted would work to lift it, just dont kill yourself doing it, make sure you have the appropriate tools for the job

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess those spring spacers can level out the front by 1" so that's a good solution. I ordered the 3" body lift and I'll make a thread in the members rides to keep progress.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck in my signature is my truck. As for the swap, there's no welding or "jerry rigging" involved. Changing the bumper brackets is probably the most time consuming part as it involves taking your bumper off, but it's only held on with 8 easily accessible bolts. Other than that you have to wire in the pig tails to the existing wiring, but the wires are color coded and there's nothing to it. I paid maybe $100 for all the parts needed for mine, although since then I put in brand new headlights and lenses. The entire swap took me maybe two hours and I was in no rush.

As for the benefits, the aftermarket is huge for the composite style lights (two headlights per side), plus the light output is much better. They also look a hell of a lot better, too.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Could you tell me where I can get good aftermarket composite headlights for a good deal? I dont know if i'm not searching right but not many results showing up. I found a black grille which I like, http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3712059279.html
so i would need housing and parking lights and all the lights with their pigtails and then the front bracket.

I ordered the Performance Accessories body lift kit (3") and it comes with front bumper brackets to move it up a little. I realized that it will most likely be for the more popular composite headlights and not for my sealed beam headlights.. so i either have a really crappy looking front bumper that hangs way low or I have to switch over to composite..
and here I am trying to save money doing things one at a time. LOL

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Could you tell me where I can get good aftermarket composite headlights for a good deal? I dont know if i'm not searching right but not many results showing up. I found a black grille which I like, http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3712059279.html
so i would need housing and parking lights and all the lights with their pigtails and then the front bracket.

I ordered the Performance Accessories body lift kit (3") and it comes with front bumper brackets to move it up a little. I realized that it will most likely be for the more popular composite headlights and not for my sealed beam headlights.. so i either have a really crappy looking front bumper that hangs way low or I have to switch over to composite..
and here I am trying to save money doing things one at a time. LOL

Those brackets will work fine with your current grill.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2