Body Mount Rust - Opinions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a GMT800 question, but I'm on this forum as I had a 98 Tahoe.

Sold my Tahoe but now looking for a replacement.

This is a 2004 Yukon XL with about 91k miles - 6L - 3/4Ton - 2WD - 4.10 clean body. High price for what it is, but whatever...

Question is: the truck spent the first 3 years out East but been in the West the other 13 years. The body looks good- no rust to speak of, but surface rust on the steel surfaces and frame - but what of these body mounts - anything to work about?

Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean out the rust with a Dremel, or a drill with a wire wheel, and see how much is left. If it's just surface rust, paint it and you're good to go, but you can't tell how much good metal is there with the rust in the way.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks - I'm not too worried about the mounts themselves as they can be replaced - it's if it's spread to the body - looks ok to me but just double checking here...
I'd pull it and look underneath, could be good on the outside and hot garbage underneath. Throw a jack and a board under it to distribute the weight and unbolt it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At a glance looks like surface rust. But worth the time to unbolt the mounts and clean it up and hit it with some rust treatment to have peace of mind IMHO.

Reaction score
thanks again for the comments - I had to roll the dice a bit and put down a deposit as 2500s that arn't well used up are not all that common up here. Hopefully it won't be an issue...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo