Body Mount Replacement Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my body mounts have def seen better days. Lots of rubber degradation and rust. I am going to go ahead and replace all 4 on my 1990 K1500 RCSB. I have done some research on them already but haven't actually got to taking my truck apart to see specifics, so I have a couple questions.

I am going to order this kit https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1136598&cc=1050848&jsn=534

Where could I find new bolts? Also do they mount to a welded nut on the cab or is it a nut that would have to be held while removing bolt from bottom side? I saw one thread for extended cabs that they have a metal washer on the bottom, this kit doesnt seem to have that so if the regular cabs use them as well i would need to source that also.

Any tips for someone doing this the first time? I know to use a jack or two with 4x4s, 15 mm deep socket. What am i missing?

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but did you find replacement bolts?

Or does anyone know where to find a replacement bolt? I'm assuming you can't find these at Lowes/HomeDepot....

I was replacing my body bushings with some Energy Suspension bushings and the drivers side rear body bushing bolt, position 5, nearly has rusted in half.

thx,
andy

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but did you find replacement bolts?

Or does anyone know where to find a replacement bolt? I'm assuming you can't find these at Lowes/HomeDepot....

I was replacing my body bushings with some Energy Suspension bushings and the drivers side rear body bushing bolt, position 5, nearly has rusted in half.

thx,
andy
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=15

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m sure you could find a grade 8 bolt to replace it with at a local Fastenal faster and probably cheaper than LMC, I’d only use them for parts you can’t find at a salvage, real hard to find stuff ya know.

But if you need the big doughnut washer then I could see just ordering both from them too.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The GM bolts are still available at the dealer, and they are of much higher quality than the originals.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

squirted some PB blaster between the mount and the body as best I could. did it a few times over a couple of days.

*Slowly* loosened the bolts with ratchet wrench. Once they're loose, you can use an impact to spin them out though. I would not use an impact wrench on the rear ones.

BIGZ18

Reaction score
squirted some PB blaster between the mount and the body as best I could. did it a few times over a couple of days.

*Slowly* loosened the bolts with ratchet wrench. Once they're loose, you can use an impact to spin them out though. I would not use an impact wrench on the rear ones.
cool thanks for the prompt reply. My driver side rear bushing is destroyed and the bolt head is gone, so need to figure out a way to remove it.