Body grounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spong Bob

Reaction score
I got a 1993 GMC K1500 4x4 5.7 auto and I see that I have a ground wire off on the passenger side rear of the block and the frame can someone please help me out with where they go because my instermint cluster is not working properly

spong Bob

Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I found there is 3 of them but can only get a picture of this one. So one goes for the battery to the motor )from the motor to the frame from the frame to the body right?

Attachments

• 20231114_121829.jpg
    20231114_121829.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 36

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery to front lower engine block.
Frame to firewall.
Frame to backside passenger side head.
Battery to inner fender(post #4).
Fuel filler neck ground.
Rear of frame to bed.
^^^ for 96 Vortec, TBI is probably similar if not same.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
add some grounds... as many as you want. It can only help.

spong Bob

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Back of block to frame. On my 96, the other one you see goes to firewall just below heater hoses.
OK that sounds good I just got this truck and my gages are all over the place and my grounds are just hanging thanks for the input

SwaggyT

Reaction score
Battery to front lower engine block.
Frame to firewall.
Frame to backside passenger side head.
Battery to inner fender(post #4).
Fuel filler neck ground.
Rear of frame to bed.
^^^ for 96 Vortec, TBI is probably similar if not same.
I think this just helped me. 1989 C1500 Im sure i broke the ground. I lifted up the bed to replace the fuel lines running to the engine because they were leaking. After i got done, I dropped the bed back down but ever since no interior lights come on, I get no power to the inside of the truck i turn the ignition switch and nothing. I had a wire start smoking under the hood when i turned the ignition to on, and it made me think ground but i never thought to look at the back of the truck.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the fuel neck filler and rear bed to frame grounds. Best yet, check ALL your grounds. Definitely a worthwhile task.