BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pff, that's all part of the game. I had the grinder get away from me with a knotted cup brush, wasn't very pleasant. But if you want to get after some rust with hatred and prejudice there is no better way that I've found.
Luckily the frames on my trucks aren't scaled up too bad, it wouldn't take too much to get them down to bare metal.
The hardest part about doing this frame is going to be cutting off that damn plate and grinding the rails back smooth where they welded plates on the side

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Luckily the frames on my trucks aren't scaled up too bad, it wouldn't take too much to get them down to bare metal.
The hardest part about doing this frame is going to be cutting off that damn plate and grinding the rails back smooth where they welded plates on the side

Yeah that'll be fun. Don't underestimate what it'll take to make that frame silver again though. My dually frame out back was brown with zero scale but took a ton of elbow grease to turn it all silver again.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at those cup wheels the other day, I had an incident at work using a wire cup wheel that resulted in me pulling a few needles out of my arms, so I was trying to find a better way to get this frame cleaned.
Flap wheels and knotted wire cups for the win! Don't forget the eye protection and leather gloves at a minimum.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Pff, that's all part of the game. I had the grinder get away from me with a knotted cup brush, wasn't very pleasant. But if you want to get after some rust with hatred and prejudice there is no better way that I've found.
If we’re talking hatred and prejudice may as well drag out the sandblaster….