blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went and measured my pitman and steering arms on both my Z71 and my woman's S10. From the sector shaft of the steering box to the draglink end (center to center) is 7". From the balljoint to the draglink end (center to center) is 7.5". Yours SHOULD steer better than mine.

But, the distance change from the advertised 7" on WFO's website could be from the height added from the draglink end. Also the tire and grass was wet and I didn't want to really crawl around just yet today.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I just went and measured my pitman and steering arms on both my Z71 and my woman's S10. From the sector shaft of the steering box to the draglink end (center to center) is 7". From the balljoint to the draglink end (center to center) is 7.5". Yours SHOULD steer better than mine.

But, the distance change from the advertised 7" on WFO's website could be from the height added from the draglink end. Also the tire and grass was wet and I didn't want to really crawl around just yet today.

my steering arm is 7" and pitman is a stock one that i modified to accept a drag link end, its like 6.5" and i still go lock to lock so with his measurements it should go all the way unless he is getting axle shift

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty sure the axle shift may be why imnot getting all the steering out of it. the front shock mounts are done and shocks orderd. the driveshaft flange is getting machined so it will sit all the way on the output shaft then ill hook the drievshaft up

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
flange worked perfect now. got fluid in t case and front diff. shocks all bolted up but i need shorter bolts up front will fix tomorrow. driveshaft is in and cant wait to flex it tomorrow:)

You must be registered for see images attach

cherokee steering shaft im going to put in tomorrow

small leaf to add to front pack maybe.

tires are being orderd too 35x12.5 r17 nitto trail grapplers

going to try and adjust the draglink out more and see if thats the problem tomorrow. will let yall know

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
drivers side axle seal leaked the fluid out the tube :( not sure if its because of the chromo shaft. looks like ill have to tear it down sometime soon. may wait till i do gears. tires have shipped though but kinda made i gotta replace that seal now

angle finder i have showed around 7 degree putting it on the flat top on drivers knuckle

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well 4wd works :) crawled right up. im going to need to redo the front mounts. the shocks bottom out on the upstroke. alxe was ****** when i flexd haha. lengthend the draglink and it turned a whole lot more just my wheel is off now haha

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
You will have to re clock the steering wheel. I had to do that to mine. But the swap looks good. Just need to find you some good meata

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You shouldn't have to re-clock the steering wheel, assuming your truck was aligned to begin with, the box and steering wheel would have been centered. Provided your box and column are centered, the adjustment should be made in the draglink and enough adjustment should be available there.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need to get the d shaft extened, it pulled apart when i lifted it today putting tires on. looking to adding a track bar and redo the shock mounts. has a lot of axle steer and when i turn it rolls a lot. caster was 5.2 on the machine at work with my old tires in the back. still wanders some but i got the toe adjusted now. rides like a dream but you can feel it in the turns. i think i will haev to reclock. befpre i adjsuted it out it was ceners but didnt turn worth a poo now it turns good but wheels off. i must of measured it wrong