blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the stopers arent hitting either side. i get full outa the box but im not getting all icould be. i can barely make some turns in parking lot

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like drag link too short? just guessin because I have no clue.

it is a thought though maybe adjust it longer some and try? if not then my guess would be the agnle, but yours wasn't nowhere near as bad as I've seen pics of online, as far as being steep goes and such.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Then it is probably the drag link. Center the steering box and pull the drag link. Then if you have enough threads spin it to make it longer and then check your turning again. I'm not sure how bad it is but I know I can barely make u turns if I don't do the technique just right if that helps

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i should have some more in the draglink ill have to messwith it at somepoint. if i can get the full travel out of it the only thing im worried about is when i do alignment to center the steering wheel it may mess it up. right now im working on getting all the control arm mounts cut off so i can do the shock mounts next tuesday

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
the stopers arent hitting either side. i get full outa the box but im not getting all icould be. i can barely make some turns in parking lot

you need a steering arm on the axle with the hole for the drag link closer to the balljoint, the further away it is the less response and turning radius you will have, a longer pitman arm will do the same thing

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
you need a steering arm on the axle with the hole for the drag link closer to the balljoint, the further away it is the less response and turning radius you will have, a longer pitman arm will do the same thing

But he is running cross over steering to the knuckle. So shouldn't the tierod be fine it's the drag link that needs to be shorter? I understand what your saying for a factory ford set up

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
But he is running cross over steering to the knuckle. So shouldn't the tierod be fine it's the drag link that needs to be shorter? I understand what your saying for a factory ford set up

length of the drag link will not change the amount of movement as long as its not so long that the knuckle is full right and pitman is full left, if the pitman is centered an the passenger knuckle is centered and still will not turn full lock both ways then you need more throw from the pitman(longer) or change the pivot point on the knuckle(steering arm shorter).

since he says the steering wheel is off then he does need to adjust the drag link a little, since it does not put the axle full lock either direction tells me its a throw issue and needs a longer pitman or shorter steering arm.

since he has crossover with no track bar he could also be having axle shift, which will take away some of the movement available to the steering, the springs and axle will actually move first sideways from the frame before the tires will turn, it gets even worse with more lift and bigger tires or the closer the drag link is to the pivot point of the knuckle.

Last edited: