blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Congrats man! A steering stabilizer will help with the wandering. When I put the 60 under and didn't fab up the bracket for the stabilizer I was all over the road

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think 35's or larger calls for dual stabilizer right?

Anyways you can gain an extra half inch? look s pretty freakin cenered to me man.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally I like the looks of the duals or even sometimes quads, but I think quads is kinda overkill and sometimes looks to busy.

I was going to use a dual setup when I do my sas.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Congrats man! A steering stabilizer will help with the wandering. When I put the 60 under and didn't fab up the bracket for the stabilizer I was all over the road

a stabilizer is a bandaid, they wander when the caster is too close to 0 it is supposed to be from 4-8* and seems to be best around 6

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Well mine wandered due to large wide tires pulling the front end in directions it wanted to go

i ran bias 40's on the street with no wander(typical cold bias flat spotting yes but no wander), if you have roads that are crowned pretty bad i guess it would have a higher tendency, if everything is tight and aligned properly with reasonable roads it should drive pretty nice and not have any need for a dampener.

BBB is using 35x12.5 right now, those should not wander at all, something is not quite right, he did say the toe is not set so i am sure that is not helping things but caster generally is what causes wandering and slow turning response

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well right now its on bald 33s. toe isnt set. once i buy new tires and get exhaust and shocks on it im going to take it to work and see how bad the alignment is off. should be able to get the exhaust done next week then its to finish the front shock mounts and measure for shocks and order my tires for the 17s. i only drove it down my street and back because of the no exhaust so i may drive it again and see if the wandering was just my imagination

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also other issue is that the turning radius sucks. doesnt look like im getting full lock to lock. my pitman arm is 7" cneter to center and steering arm is 6" according to wfo. do i need a longer/ shorter of one of them to get full throw?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Jack up the front an have someone tune the wheel all the way both ways and see if the stock stoppers are making contact. If they make contact before the wheel is fully turned that could be your problem