Blower doesnt work properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!
New to the forum with my recently bought 5,7L Suburban LT from 1999.

When I bought the truck it had the fan connected to a flip switch and the previous owner said that the blower just worked on occasion when connected to the heat/cold -AC panel in the car.

Any ideas what might be wrong? The blower sounds lite a jet when at max, could there be some issues with the heat/cold-panel or is it the resistor?

Please excuse the grammar, typos and autocorrects, I'm from Sweden :D

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The HVAC panelcontrols. Common with these trucks now. New is like $200 I think. I got lucky and got a new one in the junkyard. My 96 did the same thing. When off it was on low, hi was off, and any other setting was hi. New panel, works as it should.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The HVAC panelcontrols. Common with these trucks now. New is like $200 I think. I got lucky and got a new one in the junkyard. My 96 did the same thing. When off it was on low, hi was off, and any other setting was hi. New panel, works as it should.

Thanks! I will try to find me a used one from a junkyard to start with!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I thought so aswell, posted in a swedish suburban group and a guy said that he had three so I just had to buy atleast two.
The junkyard didnt have one tho
I'm impressed that there's a "Swedish Suburban group", and a wrecking yard there that has GMT 400 trucks in it. Amazing how many places these old trucks have gotten to.....
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Suburban owner. One of the things I like about this group is how many international members we have!
And I can vouch for what the others say about the HVAC control panel. Went through 4 on my other 99 Burb, think the one on my current Burb is bad too. They aren't put together well enough to survive years of bouncing around in a truck.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm impressed that there's a "Swedish Suburban group", and a wrecking yard there that has GMT 400 trucks in it. Amazing how many places these old trucks have gotten to.....
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Suburban owner. One of the things I like about this group is how many international members we have!
And I can vouch for what the others say about the HVAC control panel. Went through 4 on my other 99 Burb, think the one on my current Burb is bad too. They aren't put together well enough to survive years of bouncing around in a truck.

Haha, well its a quite popular truck in Sweden due to its size and V8. We have 5 kids every other week, a dog, I hunt and fish alot so I need a high vehicle with 4x4.

There is actually a small facebook group for chevy suburbans, like 1,2k members but most of them doesnt have a suburban I guess.
We do also have something called "bildelsbasen" or in english something like "Used car parts" where many of Swedens junkyards post their parts online for us to buy, come in pretty handy at times :)

Thanks for the welcome :)