Blazer/Tahoe rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeliemay

Reaction score
Hello everybody...

I've got a 94 Blazer K1500. The rear glass is difficult to close. I know that many others before me have had this issue and evidently there is some adjustment that can be made to the latch. My issue may be a little different. The back glass seems to move independantly of the glass frame. For example, when the rear hatch is closed, I can lift the glass away from the vehicle about 1/2 inch--while the latch stays closed. It almost seems like the glass should be in an outer frame. It has been like this since I have owned it. Does anyone out there know if there should be an outer frame surrounding the bottom of the back glass? Maybe if someone was willing to post an image or two of their back glass it would help. Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Sounds like the latch needs adjustment. Isn't there a metal loop on the top of the tailgate that the window lock latches too? IIRC that loop can be moved in or out.

wheeliemay

Reaction score
The loop is mounted to the inside of the liftgate and the latch is on top of the tailgate. It is possible that the latch mech. is worn out. I would like to come up with something to actuate the latch just to see how that part is working.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I can get some pics of mine in a little bit if nobody else chimes in, just bein lazy at the moment and not wantin to get out of bed

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach