Best Way To Repair Stone Chips on Fiberglass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, a few days ago I was driving alongside my girlfriend on the highway to get back into the city. She was slightly ahead of me, and as she was going she hit a few stones. The POS car she has happens to have no mudflaps of any sort, so I start to hear a slight ting every now and then. Didn't think much of it at the time, after all, it's only a couple pebbles, a vehicle should be acustom to this. After the drive, I got out and walked past the rear of the truck. It being a stepside, it has fiberglass panels for the wheel wells and such. These panels are now littered with cracks and chunks are missing. Guess what that slight tinging sound was? Needless to say, my fiberglass panels need repair, and I am at a loss as far as how to do it. Any help will be appreciated. Also note that the dings are quite deep, with several colors appearing beneath the red that my truck is. By the looks of it, the truck used to be white. Am I going to have to remove all paint on these humps to repair the fiberglass?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Based on your description I'd say it's pretty much time for a strip, ,refinish & repaint.

Last edited:

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, heres some photos of the wonderful condition my drivers side fiberglass is in :)

You must be registered for see images attach

And then here is the passenger side,