Best gasket maker for the china wall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with grey permatex optimum today. Will see if it leaks tomorrow night.

1998crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at intake gasket picture, I put a dab of sealer under each of the four corners of intake gasket where it meets the wall, let it skin up . place gasket down then build wall
serves two purpose
1. it helps to holds gasket up in place
2. seals the corners both upper (china wall) and lower (dab) at the gasket (joint)

I also make 3 passes with toque wrench...once finger tight (to prevent cross threading) then get it close (1/2 to 2/3 of final reading) then final torque, then a final check ( per service manual )
I wait one day before firing up truck to let sealer set
usually to finish putting everything back together
no rushing
Good luck, hope this info helps
I get support from friends that work at GM dealer ,I do the work.

tom joyce

Reaction score
This is the best silicone sealant on the planet. It works like no other one on the market. It is expensive, but IMO it is worth it.
It does skin over quickly, and that is good cus there is not much waiting to install.
You should wait a day for it to completely set up before use.
I rebuilt a few Cadillac Northstar engines, and deleted the bottom 1/2 block seals and oil pan gasket. Put this stuff in place of them, and those engine do not leak a drop of oil...IDK why, but it is the best...
You must be registered for see images attach

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started it up for the first time a couple hours ago and let it run for 5 mins or so, and I dont see any drips. Then again, it was leaking at the intake and takes a while to get to the ground.