Belltech notch gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I found a thread in 2014 with the same issue but no others complaining.

Anyone else have a Belltech notch that doesn't fit the frame tight at all? There is 5/16" of space between the bottom and the frame. I'm suppose to bolt the bottom of the notch to the frame, but that would cause some serious bending with the fasteners.

I have all the right parts, even power nations GMT400 belltech notch install on their truck had the same space. I feel like trimming off the top plate and re-welding it on tight.

Any input would put my mind at ease.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
without giving belltech any ideas or solutions when you call, ask them what they suggest happened & what THEIR solution would be. just curious. if they say, well...frame sizes vary, say every one you've ever seen has the same issue, so what gives?

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with all that being said, knowing what I know now, I will always both bolt, AND weld my C-notches in place...

Reaction score
Last email back from them was 11 a.m. after back and forth on part numbers (I had given them the notch kit part number, but they wanted to know the entire suspension kit ).

Needless to say it seems like they've ghosted for today. I don't have high hopes on what their suggestion would be.

What baffles me is lots recommended the belltech notch, I definitely wouldn't after this sloppy fit.

without giving belltech any ideas or solutions when you call, ask them what they suggest happened & what THEIR solution would be. just curious. if they say, well...frame sizes vary, say every one you've ever seen has the same issue, so what gives?

Reaction score
I noticed on power nations belltech install they had the gap too. They mentioned bolting the bottom together but don't show it. I'd like to see what all bent!

11:00 in the video
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't heat the frame, I'd weld the spacer to the C-notch then bolt it together.