Bedlining the bottom of my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
I know most of you will diss this... BUT... I need something stronger than paint, and I love the way bedliner looks... I would love to do this... I am officially done with paint because of ROCKS... Anyways I am rambling on now... Heres the reason right here.

Do do do... washed truck today...
You must be registered for see images attach

Hmmm... Time to towel dry... bla bla bla... OH S***!

SON OF A BI*** I am so pissed off right now... I am going to have to sand that down... maybe even bondo if its that bad... then primer... sand that and then I can bedline the bottom...

I priced some Herculiner at Carquest and they said $105 with a $25 rebate for the kit... I am going to jump on this unless you can get me talked out of it... All i am saying is that I don't have much money so whatever you recommend needs to be durable and relitivally cheap!

Okay I am done rambling on,

I guess thanks if you help... Jake.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have lots of cans of undercoating you could try on a little portion right behind the front wheels, just to see if it holds up

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you go to a automotive paint supply store they have bedliner kits that screw on to the bottom of this little gun they sell and it comes out alot nicer then any of the roll on or spray can ones. The kit for a full bedliner setup is $100. might wanna look into it if your dead set on that.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
yea but... I dont feel like covering up the whole pickup to bedline it... I seen how Sins turned out and thats why I am more motivated because his turned out great and I believe he rolled it on?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Yeah, but you mask it and paint the bottom... I'm doing my rockers on my new dodge because the salt here eats it up... I don't want it to show though. So I'm going to put it bellow the body line on the rocker then put some mudflaps

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go with Rockguard, it lets you have a color finish and stands up pretty well. You can sand the texture out of it as well, if you'd like a smooth finish instead of textured.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like said above id go with undercoating, it looks really good and withstands anything, we had undercoating sprayed onto the underside of my dads 69 charger which is in the bodyshop now.

Before

after

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get the type in a spraycan or go to walmart and get the rustoleum in the autmotive section...its cheap bedliner but works ok i havent had any problems with it yet....i like plasticote the best though however not many places cary it