Bayou State Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l<yle

Reaction score
Greetings GMT400.

My name is Kyle, I registered as a user on this site during the fall of '12 after purchasing a 97 ccsb here in LA. The centurion conversions 1/2 ton shortbed is rust free, but has its share of other 'fixable' issues. i discovered the gmt400 site, in typical for me fashion, by buying first and researching second. i knew gm didn’t manufacture half ton short beds in 97... at least i didn’t think they did and initially upon browsing around the site, i discovered the craiglist add for the truck i purchased being discussed here; so i thought... this must be my sign.

I have prob owned ten or so trucks in my day, all but one have been gm products, most have been 88-98 (w/minimal mods) and then the odd square body here n there, but i have never gotten involved in forums or build thread action. i enjoy reading/researching this site and am a hot rodder at heart, having always owned a second car as a hotrod, including my current 65 a body barracuda.

Guess i was starting to feel like a lurker (if i understand forum meaning correctly), when i read something good n wanted to chime in but had yet to introduce myself n go legit. anyway... i have attached a few pictures of how it looked when i got er home n how she sits now, with little more than cosmetic stuff, so as not to be too embarrassed while sportin the land yacht out in public. The highlights include 5.7, fresh trans w kit n servo, g80 locker w 3:73s, scoring some 20s w tires on the cheap and removing the purple tint. While low lights include inop ac, noisey gear mesh in the rear upon coast or reverse travel, and gremlins w the interior/courtesy lighting.

-k

attachment.php

attachment.php

paint destroyers... i mean bed rails! shop n dd in the backgrnd
attachment.php

side shot for photoshoping drops n wheel choice...
attachment.php

conversion tags
attachment.php

attachment.php

added boss 338 @ 20x8.5 w sunny (sucky) z rated's
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

photodropped
attachment.php

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
looks good man! this is the truck i found! haha glad i helped someone! It'll really look good lowered!

l<yle

Reaction score
thanks guys.
im sure i have some cuda pictures on my phone. i'll have to drum up a couple.

l<yle

Reaction score
Welcome! Got any pics of the Cuda?

as requested WT... 360 stroked to 403 w aluminum heads, nasty solid lift, stainless headers, manual vlv body 904, Coan converter, n 8 3/4 w 3:90 gears. best e.t. 11.64@113mph
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

headed to state capitol
attachment.php

after the friday night finals
attachment.php

i had a phone vid someone sent me of er pickin up the wheel on a pass... but guess i lost track of it
they didnt come w seatbelts in the rear so it doesnt make for quality family time, but we can all fit in the CREW...

Last edited:

l<yle

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. hey, Talladegga coming up quick huh?

yea, jd, thanks for the comps, they are growing on me. i was not shoppin for black, but i was shoppin n the money was right so...
anyone want to trade for something machined or gray and im up for it. :)

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty quick fish you got there. Nice Cuda'

Tony