Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
The Misses and I took a roar trip this Past Saturday to Scottsdale to take in the auction/show. 1st time attending.
Lots of NICE stuff going up for auction, (obviously). Looking not buying
Nothing jumped out at me representing our generation of body styles.
A few vendors there showcasing lowering suspensions kits, and or complete frames to drop your body and running gears on to.
Had a great time. Show/preview Saturday/Sunday no auction. $17.00 admission was IMO a good deal.
Planning to go to the Vegas one later this year.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
I love to watch those auctions...Mecum included.Every time my ''dream car'' crosses the podium I cry LOL....oh my ''dream car''? 1962 Corvette,Black on black with a 327 F.I. 360(?)hp engine :drool:
Agreed. A different perspective watching the last couple of days coverage having previewed them in person on Saturday.

My wife's dream car is somewhere like a Toyota Landcruiser, International Scout, vintage Bronco, Land Rover. Or a 1966 Chevy C-10 longbed 2wd. I guess she's bored with our 96 Cherokee 2dr. Go figure.

As for me a 55 Nomad, 66 or 69 Chevelle 2dr Nomad Wagon, 68-72 Suburban 3dr, or 72 Blazer. All daily drivers. Hot Rod Power Tour type cars.

Fantasy cars would be 73 Pontiac T/A or Formula SD455 4spd, or my old 70 Yenko Deuce LT1 citrus green. It sold there in 2017, Lot #1300. 3 owners past me. THEY got the cubic bucks for it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last Buick Grand National made just sold for $500,000

I was wondering what that was going to sell for. Gotta be honest, I'm a little surprised it wasn't more. I guess it is a pretty niche car but the provenance of that one is pretty spectacular.