Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I've always believed you want your link bars flat at ride height. I've had two pre-fabbed 3 links, Ride Tech, and Thorbeck Bros, but when they were called Suicide Doors, and they both sat flat at ride height, reinforcing that belief.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always believed you want your link bars flat at ride height. I've had two pre-fabbed 3 links, Ride Tech, and Thorbeck Bros, but when they were called Suicide Doors, and they both sat flat at ride height, reinforcing that belief.
So basically pick where I believe will be my most common height and build everything from that.
Thanks.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that everything that swings will move in an arc. Having the bars level at ride height means that you have less fore/aft/side movement when your suspension compresses or uncompresses. Lifted trucks sacrifice that consistency for ground clearance, but lowered trucks can benefit from it.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep in mind that everything that swings will move in an arc. Having the bars level at ride height means that you have less fore/aft/side movement when your suspension compresses or uncompresses. Lifted trucks sacrifice that consistency for ground clearance, but lowered trucks can benefit from it.
So if I am doing a wishbone and two bottom bars, those should be parallel to each other when at ride height and parallel to the ground correct?