Axle Swap ?? - Incident Leading to thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
alright guys, i finally went from dumbo ears to the 94+ fold ups on my truck...after which installing them, i went for a drive. As i glanced out of the corner of my eye at the passenger one the lady in front of me slammed on her brakes, and i killed a level spot on my brand new tires =( not happy me....well then the guy behind me driving an NNBS stopped with a ton of distance, after exchanging some words i was looking at his rear axle/brake set-up....is this NNBS maybe a swap for my OBS? with some minimal work????

thoughts? opinions....another axle that will bolt and go disc? lay it on me

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
what do you mean? if your talking about the brakes bolting up to yours, it's a possibility, i think people have done it.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
i mean like an axle that was produced factory or requires little modification to bolt up to my truck as a disc brake rear end....i have read through a lot of these conversion kits built from Speedway using Impala SS and Eldorado parts, but i have to available down time for my truck, it's my DD for 2 jobs and going to college, but the brakes just aren't up to par for modern day travel in California it seems like, some is my foot but the rest is the other drivers today that are oblivious to their surroundings, while talking on their phones and playing with their gadgets.....ya know, not trying to complain and $hit...people are just stupid these days..they aren't ignorant because they KNOW better, they're stupid because they do it anyway

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres a thread in the axles and brakes section. I'm going to be doing a rear disc build when I get home in the summer. Kevhil did one too, it wasn't all that difficult from the way he described it.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
thanx guys i really appreciate the info...that e-bay kit seems legit...any1 on here happen to know sum1 that has used it yet?