Axle ID help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I am needing help to identify my rear axle.
My truck is a 98k1500 with the F44 RPO code. G80 means non open diff correct? Oh and before anyone points it out, I know I need to change my diff seal :D
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You have a factory Gov-lock diff= G80. 3.73 ratio= GT4 1500 trucks with a 14 bolt cover are 9.5" ring gear semi floating diffs UNLESS someone has swapped a full float into it.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has swapped it.

I am the 3rd owner of this truck. First owner was an older guy out of California. He owned it from new to 2014. Second owner owned it for 2 years then I bought it from him.

My next question is how come the RPO codes don’t state what transfer case or tcase ratio or front diff ratio I have.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You have a factory Gov-lock diff= G80. 3.73 ratio= GT4 1500 trucks with a 14 bolt cover are 9.5" ring gear semi floating diffs UNLESS someone has swapped a full float into it.

I don’t think anyone has swapped it.

That is not a 14BFF axle, they look completely different.

My next question is how come the RPO codes don’t state what transfer case or tcase ratio or front diff ratio I have.

GT4 is your gear ratio. I don't believe there is an RPO for the transfercase model, but there might be one that indicates push-button 4wd if you have that. Mine is manual, so I don't have anything for the transfercase.