Aux. front end lighting; Can we see photos of truck front ends with additional lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another pic I dug up; only mocked up on my red truck but definitely going to be what goes on my K3500. Custom made brackets and cheap halogen lights, I can show pics of the brackets if you're interested? Diesel bumpers are the peak item for aux lighting additions in my opinion,
You must be registered for see images attach

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BNeilsen, that's a good looking front end. You, perhaps accidentally, answered a question I had: The fog-light-equipped bumpers are from diesel pickups from what you wrote. I really, really like them; would cure looking for where to place extra lights. I'm going to try to find one, no idea how rare they are, what years they were used or how hard it is to install it. Can't be too bad. I'll try to attach a photo of my truck when I got it about 2 months ago. I like my black grill center and red GMC badge. I've not had a grill off any truck like these yet, but I suspect these grill centers are not removable. Too bad. While your front end looks really good, I'm not ready to paint mine matching green, or even all black. Can't decide what to do about color. LMC offers a full, "chrome," repro grill but I'm sure it's one-piece which means I'd either loose my black center or have to figure how to strip and mask center to, "paint," it black. I think in another year I'm likely to have 2 or 3 grills and 3 or 4 different configuration headlight sets around as I, "play," with what I like. Thanks to remarks/reviews here of LMC's relay harness, I'm not getting it. I'll either make one up if I can find some suggested instructions or get one from the fellow mentioned above or Daniel Stern. I'm capable of building one if I can learn where to get good ceramic plugs, (part numbers?), and where to plug into the, (probably firewall), emerging headlight switch factory lead. I don't want to chop up factory wiring much if at all. I'm going to use my 88/89 quad glass mounts I already have, for my first go at this, so will be severely limited for illumination initially. I did get the glass mini-quad high beams from LMC already, (replaceable bulbs),
but they continue to be back ordered on the companion low beams. Who knows if they'll ever get them. So I'll use the factory sealed beams there until I figure out what's next. This will be a long term project to play with over time.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
BNeilsen, that's a good looking front end. You, perhaps accidentally, answered a question I had: The fog-light-equipped bumpers are from diesel pickups from what you wrote. I really, really like them; would cure looking for where to place extra lights. I'm going to try to find one, no idea how rare they are, what years they were used or how hard it is to install it. Can't be too bad. I'll try to attach a photo of my truck when I got it about 2 months ago. I like my black grill center and red GMC badge. I've not had a grill off any truck like these yet, but I suspect these grill centers are not removable. Too bad. While your front end looks really good, I'm not ready to paint mine matching green, or even all black. Can't decide what to do about color. LMC offers a full, "chrome," repro grill but I'm sure it's one-piece which means I'd either loose my black center or have to figure how to strip and mask center to, "paint," it black. I think in another year I'm likely to have 2 or 3 grills and 3 or 4 different configuration headlight sets around as I, "play," with what I like. Thanks to remarks/reviews here of LMC's relay harness, I'm not getting it. I'll either make one up if I can find some suggested instructions or get one from the fellow mentioned above or Daniel Stern. I'm capable of building one if I can learn where to get good ceramic plugs, (part numbers?), and where to plug into the, (probably firewall), emerging headlight switch factory lead. I don't want to chop up factory wiring much if at all. I'm going to use my 88/89 quad glass mounts I already have, for my first go at this, so will be severely limited for illumination initially. I did get the glass mini-quad high beams from LMC already, (replaceable bulbs),
but they continue to be back ordered on the companion low beams. Who knows if they'll ever get them. So I'll use the factory sealed beams there until I figure out what's next. This will be a long term project to play with over time.
Amazon has the ceramic plugs. I got em for mine last year. LMC has the bumper in chrome and paintable Was just over 100 but shouldn't be too hard to find a chrome one at junkyard.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ethan has the exact light set-up I'm planning to run on my 96 K2500; I'm still relatively undecided on bulbs yet. But as far as the light housings go, it's the exact look.

I feel your pain on the LMC glass beams. I snagged a good sealed beam bucket and had plans to restore them and install them on my truck. Perpetual back-order has unfortunately hindered that project though.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my Z71 Tahoe with the factory Brush guard that I added some KC lights to. I took the guard to a local welding shop and they added tabs to mount the lights. they're 130 watt, along with a 4-hi headlight Mod and Factory fog lights. Lights up very well!

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 68BE2B89-CE13-4D8F-88A3-AAE71AF818B3.JPG
    68BE2B89-CE13-4D8F-88A3-AAE71AF818B3.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 43

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my Z71 Tahoe with the factory Brush guard that I added some KC lights to. I took the guard to a local welding shop and they added tabs to mount the lights. they're 130 watt, along with a 4-hi headlight Mod and Factory fog lights. Lights up very well!

If you ever wanna part with that grill guard I will gladly take it off your hands

Still in love with that Tahoe too

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Here's what I had one of my trucks:

And I've got factory Tahoe Z71 fogs on my 98: