Anyone running angled spark plug wires on a 454? (edited to reflect issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy folks -

I managed to burn up two spark plug wires on my 1999 K2500 Suburban with the L29 7.4. I installed headers last spring and put the little heat socks on the plugs that were closest to the headers on the passenger side. The first time I've towed with it was this past weekend and I guess two of the wires were resting on the header without me realizing it.

Anyone running angled plug wires in this situation?

Last edited:

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done some cursory searching, but I don't see any with a straight disti end and angled plug end. Anyone have any leads?

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any help for you in the parts search, but I put a spark plug boot protector on the one wire on WCJr that I couldn't find a happy place for. Also, use your spark plug wire holders to pull the wires where you need them to keep them off the headers.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have those protectors already, but wasn’t paying attention and the wires were resting on the header. I’ll grab some new wires and holders and make sure everything has good clearance.

I usually keep my old wires for spares, but threw the old ones out a few years ago when I changed them. I only need 2!

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used these Accel 135 degree ceramic boots with 8mm wires with my custom headers, nothing else would work. For the dist ends, I took apart and modified oem 7mm wire parts, which did work but they will separate when I try to take them off some day. Taylor makes this set of 8mm wire to vortec/optispark dist boots, which I bought on ebay for $20.I will put them on eventually, just don't feel like it right now after the last 2 years of work..

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Custom plugs here as well. They sell just the angled parts that you can modify your existing wires with.
You must be registered for see images attach