Anyone here wheel a stock truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we take the wifes 95 out. Its rwd and open diff but still gets places our buddy with a cherokee cant. Hell we got stuck on easter, called him to come help and then laughed when couldnt get all the way back to us. We laughed harder when my brother in law came with the tow truck and couldnt even figure out how we got through what we did. It was on snow tires then, and we have since picked up a cheap set of used BFG M/T's and just dont get stuck anymore. That being said we know what it is and dont really push it that much. But its been used to rescue the jeep a few times and when i get my 97 put back together, she will get to play a whole lot more knowing I'm there to give a solid yank when she gets stuck.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to wheel with ol' Brown '89 Chevy until the engine couldn't take it anymore, it was all stock. Did pretty good for a stocker, could climb a lot better then a few of the lifted trucks around, but couldn't handle the deep mud like the lifted ones. I need to go to some better all terrain tires and get it running again.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to wheel my Cherokee all the time with the Jeep club around here and it was fantastic, I loved it. It was hilarious to take the mud trucks out onto real trails for real wheeling, off-camber, rocks and narrow trails, the boys on 44's were sweating. Ive never wheeled my truck simply because Ive seen what wheeling does to independent front suspension, low clearance and long vehicles.....I like my truck too much. If you do decide to go out, for the love of god dont go out on all season or mild all terrains, youre gonna slide into something and get stuck everywhere. Also, WD-40 or Pam the crap out of the undercarriage, it will be massively easy to clean up. Have fun out there, I miss wheeling and am currently looking for another Jeep to get into it.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can beat these trucks awfully hard in stock form. Seen it, done it.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen guys coat the underside and the outside of their trucks with pam.

I like to use WD40 on the bottom and just wax the outside.