Anybody dealt with consistently wet carpet on the drivers side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digdug18

Reaction score
I tried searching, pulled the cowl and waterproofed the heater cover, the screws, etc. Can't figure out where rain is getting into the cab at. The front of the carpet by the pedal's seem dry. But under where my feet go is consistently wet. I don't think there is just a massive amount of water coming off my boots each time, hasn't been that snowy or wet out. Or possibly that it just never drys out completely?

I'm sure the door rubber is old, i'm wondering if replacing the door gaskets would help at all.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Andrew

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Pull out the interior to dry it and do a water flood test with a helper. Check the back window, I have fixed a few of them where the urethane seal has failed at the top, letting water run down the back cab wall into the carpet underpad.

Mario6309

Reaction score
I had tbe same exact problem it was the seal across top of windshield it would trip when it sat out side it rain but not when I drove because wind would blow it away

digdug18

Reaction score
Across the top of the windshield? Wouldn't you see water running down the glass or something like that?

I'm not finding any water anywhere, none on the sheet metal under the dash on both sides, put papertowels up under both sides of the foot wells, and waited for a rainstorm, and they're both perfectly dry. I guess it could be the epoxy seal at the door, but when I spray it with water it doesn't seem to drip or anything.

Gonna rain again tomorrow, so I'm going to add more paper towels around the perimeter of the carpet, see if I can figure this out.

If I still can't find it, I'm going to pull the carpet, and see if I can find the leak with nothing on the floor. I need to pull the carpet to line the floor with liquid sound deadener anyway, but was hoping for warmer weather.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headliner catches it and doesn't look wet until you touch it. it's weird but I'm an apprentice plumber I ve learned water is very tricky. I've even seen it run uphill when leaking from a service from a meter to the house