New kid on the block with some ??'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
That is a nice looking truck.
I don't believe that you said what engine it has.

Welcome to the forum, lots of great info here.
Don't let the anti ford dodge people get to you, there are some friendly people here.

I believe it's a 350, though the seller isn't sure, either. He said something about the previous owners replacing the engine, but he did not know what it was replaced with nor was for sure when. From looking at it, it looks like a 350 to me. It's not a big block by any means.

You're right, lots of friendly people so far!!

Reaction score
Here is the towing info from a 97 owner manual...

Even if it had the big block, it looks like you’d be at the top end of its rated capability.

Now this here is some excellent information!! I'm fairly sure it's a 350, don't have a clue what gearing it has, but regardless, the trailer is about 3k over the weight for the truck. I may go ahead and grab it and flip it, or maybe even keep it for a playtoy, but it doesn't look like it's the hauler I would need for the trailer.

Thanks, this was extremely helpful!!

Calvinator

Reaction score
I have a 1995 c2500 Suburban that I keep in perfect shape because it is an excellent daily driver and toy hauler! All the stuff you mentioned are maintenance items.

There is a TPS and IAC sensor on top part of motor. Inexpensive parts. Just buy AC Delco replacements, no Chinese junk. I chased these two sensors for 8 months until I replaced them with AC Delco parts. TPS is throttle position sensor and tells computer when to shift transmission, bad TPS means clunky shifting. IAC controls idle air, bad IAC means stumbling idle.

Check the rust on the hitch mount !!

If the ride is bad, just pay up and get the Bilstein shocks. My truck drives like a dream with Bilsteins. I had other shocks and was wy too bouncy.

The drivetrains on the 3/4 trucks are beefy - 4l80E transmissions, 4.10 gearing with positraction, E rated tire capacity, big brakes. Built for towing. That truck in the picture seems a bit suspect to me, different engine, different trans, 6 lug wheels.... I would ensure all the parts are rated for towing.....

If not, keep shopping for a C2500 (two wheel drive) or k2500 (four wheel drive), excellent vehicles !