Any fix for push button 4wd switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Both my old 98 truck and new 99 tahoe have both had this problem. The push button 4wd button on the dash acts like the contacts are loose. Is flashes on and off and will only stay lit when you push against the dash. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in but it didnt help. Any fixes for this problem without buying a new switch?

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a new switch and that fixed it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. I've not taken apart the dash yet to see if it is just connection. My 4WD will lock, but the lights won't stay on.

btimbit

Reaction score
In for this too. Works fine but the light comes on when it wants too.

New switch?

Reaction score
hmm, interesting to see a few of us having the thing work but the lights not. my 2 and 4lo light fine i think the contacts INSIDE the 4hi pushbutton itself are dirty/worn/tired of my abuse. I call it "launch control" at lights in the rain.. wife shakes her head every time. I'm going to get a load of goodies from the scrapyard today since all glass is $5 FINALLY and I might just yoink the selector out and dissect it if I can get lucky and find another there to use in the meantime/ or rebuild the spare.. I'll post some pics should I get to it this wknd - lots of other stuff to do, like avenge my window and cut that tree down, take off the int. panels and kick out the dent and swap glass, change another c*&ksuckin HO2S, and plaster the sides with mud, etc etc

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
hmm, interesting to see a few of us having the thing work but the lights not. my 2 and 4lo light fine i think the contacts INSIDE the 4hi pushbutton itself are dirty/worn/tired of my abuse. I call it "launch control" at lights in the rain.. wife shakes her head every time. I'm going to get a load of goodies from the scrapyard today since all glass is $5 FINALLY and I might just yoink the selector out and dissect it if I can get lucky and find another there to use in the meantime/ or rebuild the spare.. I'll post some pics should I get to it this wknd - lots of other stuff to do, like avenge my window and cut that tree down, take off the int. panels and kick out the dent and swap glass, change another c*&ksuckin HO2S, and plaster the sides with mud, etc etc

ix2 solder LEDs in place while your at it