Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Meh, I'm fine with that. I wanted a long box anyway. My ideal truck is a crew cab dually though...But I can settle for this. Looked long enough for a full size at a reasonable price.. Almost had a mint black '98 suburban about 9 months ago for 2k, but it was sold before I could grab it.

No tool box for me.........Unless I steal Matt's when he isn't looking :hmm:

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Fully aware. It had 4x4 on the bed but I edited it out.

I found a stock picture of the same body style with the front mine will have. And chopped it up a little. That's why there are construction banners on it too.

I was just sayin that cause it has the z71 wheels. I notice things like that lol

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
you ain't touchin my tool box, i already know that anytime you need to work on it your gonna call me up since i have been all over mine and yours is the same. i might let you set it on there for a minute to see what it looks like.

BTW: i love long beds, just like long vehicles. if i could afford it i would get a CCLB.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
No problems man haha, I was going to chop the SS wheels onto there, but I am no good with ps.

Question time...What is OBS? I found SAS and all those other abbreviations you guys use...I was joking Matt, no box for this guy. I'll give you a call later..Since the truck is over by your house, you wanna come with to get it?

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Nono, bamf=me because we went and picked up my truck last night. No pics yet, but it has a rebuilt rear end, clutch, re-surfaced flywheel, motor was replaced (Total f*cking hack-job, but hopefully an easy fix), new master cylinder, slave, throwout, some goofy chrome diff cover, blah blah. I'm sure Matt remembers more of whats new on it.

Long story short, He bought the truck a year and a half ago for $1000, threw about 2k in parts at it, and sold it to me for $500 after paying for a hack motor replacement :). Body is in amazing shape. Body mounts are good, so the pinstripe lines up. It already has the smoothie bumper, so far it just looks like it needs cab corners and rockers.

I'm pumped. Pics later :)

Oh yeah, Matt toasted my back bumper, which fortunately is the worst part on it, but getting tossed for a roll pan anyway. Not even a mark on his diamond top rear bumper haha. But it crunched mine good :)

Last edited:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i might mess with it today and try to get it running. i would post pics for you but your camera is better and it will look nicer. we'll see what happens.

i would teach him more about these truck and the abbreviations but it is funny to me to see him ask all these questions and for once i know more than him.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
messed with it some today but couldn't get it to fire. got other problems to sort out first. just to give you guys an idea of how bad of hack job the motor was, the injectors were not plugged in, several vacuum lines were left disconnected, grounds by t-stat were cut and never hooked back up, there is 2 pos bat cables that were bolted together, starter was not hooked up and the tab on the pos cable was broke off, the check plate between the block and trans is MIA, has NO COOLANT from what i can tell amongst other problems that i have forgotten or have not been found. i will have to talk to mike later about it. push comes to shove, i will buy it from him and put my motor, trans, and wiring in it and call it a day.