Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Mike here, I'm Matt's brother (Barebones 1500)..Cavalier owner/fanboy and upcoming Chevy pickup owner. My GF also had a 2000 Z24 until we picked up the Bravada. A combination of driving that and my brothers truck has made me seek out my own pickup. Spent a great deal of time growing up around cars with my brother, Playing instruments and whatever mischief a couple boys only 2 years apart can get into. Swapping cars, rebuilding older cars, fixing our own cars and modifying them blah blah blah.. We do whatever we can in Pop's garage (Pretty easy to to anything in a 4 stall with a full attic and attached workshop).

Enough about me, I should be taking ownership of my pickup this month. 2wd 4.3L 5spd SCLB..Only plans for it is to clean up the body, slam it, and knowing me, I will end up getting WAY more carried away haha.

Forum looks pretty good here guys, I have been on other boards that are just hell to navigate, Not to mention the asshats that frequent them..

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Good question, I recall him saying '95 maybe..But I could be wrong. I work with the guy and he used to drive it daily. But the last time I saw it was about a year ago. I didn't ask the year or make since I know it's a mid '90's pickup, I was asking more on the problem it's having. He had the motor replaced and now it has some fueling issues I think from the sounds of it. Starts and runs fine, But once it gets under load it just dies. Haven't made time to go out and look at it yet since I'm positive I can fix it. Just a matter of finding out what exactly..

Hell, now that I think about it, It may even be a GMC haha. I will ask him and find out for sure on Monday.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
It's my beater :) 2.2 3spd. Some bracing, bolt-ons (Header, intake, mounts, ect..) and other get low goodies. Need new tires on my wheels though, So it's rocking the steelies again for the winter. The plan was to have a reliable DD mpg ****/weekend auto-xer. It has yet to see any track time.

I can throw up a few pics..

Here is a pic from '08 or '09 before it got the RKSport front, Z24 sides and rear, And "17 enkei's. This is right after it was dropped on the Eibach Sportlines. 2-3 inch drop depending on the car's weight. The front has settled quite nicely now though. Nice rake to it while keeping the underside parallel to the ground.
You must be registered for see images attach

Recent pic of the exterior in the garage

Random pic of the header and downpipe on the floor.

Some bay shots, I was cleaning it and putting on the new intake.

Current interior, Still need new door panels. Can't stand the red anymore. Bad idea haha

Polished Valves I never got around to installing yet. Still need valve springs, 1.6 sbc roller swap, LT1/LN2 hybrid lifters, and 1.8L double roller timing set swap parts.

New exhaust getting welded up, Stainless tie bar on the rear axle. Before the shaved lid was painted. Has the stock lid back on it now because my bike rack tore it up. Hopefully a Thule roof rack is coming soon :)

And the other rear bracing

Last edited: