Another new guy. Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The stupid story is that the trailer deck was 12’9” long. The wheelbase is 141.5”. So it should just fit, right? Wrong. Even flattening the front tires and jamming it as far forward as possible left the rear tires hanging off. So I bought another car trailer on Monday and will REALLY be picking it up this Sunday.
U Haul has a bunch of different trailer sizes and types, and they won't have all of them at every location. Sometimes it's hard to even get a 5x8 enclosed trailer, if it's around the end of the month when people are using them for moving....and then you gotta be sure the lights all work!

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U Haul has a bunch of different trailer sizes and types, and they won't have all of them at every location. Sometimes it's hard to even get a 5x8 enclosed trailer, if it's around the end of the month when people are using them for moving....and then you gotta be sure the lights all work!
I have a 10’ x 6’ enclosed trailer and because of last weekend’s debacle I now have another 18’ flatbed car trailer. I actually gave away a similar trailer about ten years ago and am still kicking myself for that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah, when I let my '90 2500 square Burb go, I got rid of some stuff that I could have used on the crew cab....oh well, didn't know I had another 8 lugger in my future! Living paycheck to paycheck, hard to plan too far in advance, and you can't figure all the possibilities.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom welcome to the forum. Nice truck.
Thank you. “Nice” is a bit of an anomaly for me. I’ve got 6 other vehicles. All are in excellent mechanical condition but don’t necessarily look so great. This one has a near-perfect body and great paint considering it’s been sitting in a driveway in ABQ for 12 years. But I’m guessing I’m getting a mechanical basket case. Time will tell.

Will Fuller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stupid story is that the trailer deck was 12’9” long. The wheelbase is 141.5”. So it should just fit, right? Wrong. Even flattening the front tires and jamming it as far forward as possible left the rear tires hanging off. So I bought another car trailer on Monday and will REALLY be picking it up this Sunday.
Yikes!