Alternator bracket stud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a bigass crack in my cylinder head and want to replace the head. However I don't think the new ones come with this stud that I believe mounts to the alternator bracket. How can I get this off or how do I go abouts to get another? Thank you
You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It just unscrews.... can use an actual e-torque socket, a regular socket of rough size, or a pair of vicegrips...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i'll tried it must be seized up or something. I'll douse it with penetrating fluid and try again. thanks.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the vicegrips right down by the head and give it(vicegrips) a wack... it'll come out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

94silveraydo

Reaction score
Don't bother with vice grips they'll always slip no matter how tight you think you put them on. Douse it with some CRC Ultra Screw Loose, and use a good set of channel locks. Channel locks get tighter the more pressure you put on them, similar to the way a monkey wrench does, and makes stud removal a lot easier. Used this technique to remove the broken studs from my buddies exhaust manifolds in his '95 k1500.

cookseyb

Reaction score
Heat the stud up to red close to the head and douse it with PB blaster or any good penetrating oil. Also a good WHACK on the end of the stud with a BFH sometimes will break the thread seal...